Question of the day

spkennyuk

As this is a second request, here goes ( but I don't know how to start it as a new thread)

"If the Gransport is a Modern Classic, where will prices be in three years time?"

Im sure a Mod will set it up in the maserati chat section for you. The way to start a new thread is:

From the forum home page click on the sub section on the left hand side you want to start your thread in. If i use maserati chat as an example then click on that one. Once your in the sub section you want then towards the top left of the screen you will see a red button to start a new thread. Circle in yellow below the post section in the picture below. Once you have clicked on that a message box will appear and you can give your thread a title and put your message text in the box below your thread title.

20161021_164008.jpg

spkennyuk

Back to the trivia questions. I will start you off again :

Roald Dahl wrote about snozzberries in two books. Charlie and the Chocolate factory was the first. A later book (nothing to do with Charlie and the chocolate factory or the great glass elevator) gives some details about snozzberries.

What is the other book and what are snozzberries ?

MrPea

I like this question, although I have no idea what the answer is.
I'm going to completely guess The BFG and that they're a dream ingredient. My reasoning being that they sound like snooze berries.

spkennyuk

I like this question, although I have no idea what the answer is.
I'm going to completely guess The BFG and that they're a dream ingredient. My reasoning being that they sound like snooze berries.

No im afraid thats not correct. Its a bit of a strange one. Its not something you would expect.

spkennyuk

In Willy Wonka they were a food stuff type of sweet I think
In the other book (which i do not know) they were 'tadgers'

The scene in willy wonka is the one with the lickable wallpaper. Willy Wonka says " lick an orange it tastes like an orange. Lick a strawberry and it tastes like strawberries and snozzberries taste like snozzberries"

wonka-e1340189785369.jpg

In the later book called My Uncle Oswald snozzberries are written about again quoted below.

How did you manage to roll the old rubbery thing on him?"

"There's only one way when they get violent," Yasmin said. "I grabbed hold of his snozzberry and hung onto it like grim death and gave it a twist or two to make him hold still."

"Ow."

"Very effective."

"I'll bet it is."

"You can lead them around anywhere you want like that."

"I'm sure."

"It's like putting a twitch on a horse."

My Uncle Oswald was the later book by Roald Dahl and snozzberries turned out to be at least in the later book to be tadgers as Dave put it.

That puts his earlier work in a slightly different light.

Over to you Dave.

Yes he was a bit of a rascal at heart and I've never heard of that book. So I only really got 1/2 the Q

Still on books then
Hubert Selby wrote which racey 1960's tome that became a cult classic. I don't know why because it is rubbish

zagatoes30

Me neither.

I looked it up and am still non the wiser never heard of Author, Book or Film must have led a sheltered life

Oh Dear
It seems I have set one too difficult - apologies
I knew it but I am not showing off
So the answer is Last Exit to Brooklyn which was indeed made into a film. As I say it became a cult thing but not for me. Smutty and depressing.

Volunteers for the next Q?

MrMickS

Yes correct, Jerry Cornelius was a Moorcock fictional character, and Moorcock also collaborated with Hawkwind on numerous occasions.

Finally something I knew having read most of Moorcock's books in my youth. I guess I need to set a question now ... I knew there was a reason for holding back...

What links the Free French Airforce with Richard Hammond?

midlifecrisis

Elvington? Wasn't that where he crashed? And the French air based there?
The only thing I knew about hawkwind was that their drummer is a namesake... Oh and wasn't ozzy in that band?

MrMickS

Elvington? Wasn't that where he crashed? And the French air based there?
The only thing I knew about hawkwind was that their drummer is a namesake... Oh and wasn't ozzy in that band?

Elvington airfield yes. The Free French Airforce operated two squadrons of Halifax bombers out of there. The runway was extended to allow B-52 bombers to land which made it the ideal place for Richard Hammond to try the jet powered car but unfortunately he crashed.

You're probably thinking of Lemmy in Hawkwind.

Over to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk