Castle Combe 29 October 2016

chad5k1

Was planning on a late entry to do passenger rides, but sadly knackered the release bearing on the clutch at Castle combe doing passenger rides on Thursday just gone :(

luckesGTV6

******* :happy2: 7 DAYS Until SUPERCAR SATURDAY 2016. :happy2:

If you decide to pop along for a chat or get a track ride as a passenger or even enter the Autoslalom it will be great to see you.

Here’s the finalised SportsItalia lists:-

Firstly The Magnificent 7! :-

SPORTSITALIA - OUR DISPLAY LINE entries: :picnic:

1. AndyG in a Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT.

2. Lisknik in an Alfa 33 1.7 Cloverleaf.

3, Kazzer in a Maserati (Sorry Kazzer, I asked what model, you told me, I then forgot!!)

4. AlfaMuppet in an Alfa 164 Q4.

5. FernandoIsFasterThanYou, in a Maserati 4200 Coupe GT.

6. MarkMas in a Maserati QP 4.2.

7. PhilH in a Maserati QP.

I believe that Nick is bringing the AROC banner for the Alfas and Phil is bringing the Maserati banner.
No one has yet volunteered a Gazebo for the event. Weather is supposed to be 'part cloudy' '13 degrees' with a '7 mph' breeze.

I'll post the gate pass artwork in a couple of days time, just print it off and show it at the gate.
I posted earlier that it would be good to make up an info sheet for your vehicle.
MrMickS showed a good example earlier. (can be used at other meetings as well)
As far as I know we are displaying our cars next to the Stroke Association tent, which is beside the Strawford Centre.
Please post if you find that you can't make it. At the moment it is £5 entry per display vehicle, with passengers but we'll probably have to ask £5 per head if we go down on numbers (Same as public entry).

:road_rage-28:SPORTSITALIA - OUR TRACK DRIVERS remain :-
:auto1:

A. MrMickS in a Maserati Ghibli S -
It will be good to meet you again MrMickS. Any news on the steering rack buddy?

B. Contigo in a Maserati 4.7 GTS. -
You were cracking along the other day! Any tyre tread left for the 'Combe Phil?

C. LuckesGTV6 in an Alfa GTV 6 3.0. -
Slight glitch at Llandow but sorted now so see y'all there!

I seem to remember that we get our gate passes individually guys, via email.
If we don't get a notification of where we park infield we can find out at the Stroke Association booth just past the entry gate.

Sorry you couldn't make it chad5k1. Hope you get the Maser fixed soon.

Kazzer

Kazzer has a black GTS.

I have at the moment will be changing it Wednesday if all goes as planned.
So will be in the new one a newer blue one and if there is any hiccup early Saturday it will be have to be the Alfa Spider

Contigo

Sponsor
Owing to work commitments sadly I can't make this. If anyone wants my place then let me know. It's for track session so previous experience on track is a must and you are committed to the full day.

Drivers will have the unique opportunity to get a ride in the best known Healey 3000 race car in existence with its owner and 'Mr Big Healey' himself, John Chatham. John drove in the first ever running of this event 23 years ago, so it will be a privilege to welcome him back.

Other highlights include multiple Castle Combe GT champion Simon Tilling in his Aston Martin Vantage V12, a spectacular BMW M6 V10 GT car, several Radical SR3s and Dave Hensley's very, very pretty Ford GT40 replica. In all, about 50 cars on track to choose from. Rides from £25 up to £60 and available from 09.00 to 17.00.

luckesGTV6

Disappointed you can't make it Phil.

I'll try to get some pictures so you can get a flavour of the day.

luckesGTV6

Still planning on attending this... what time do we need to be there... 9am?

It would be good to be there a bit before if poss 'cos Joe Public will be arriving from 9am onward.

Be aware that on the Surrey run along the M4 I noticed a set of average speed Specs cameras.

Thanks for the confirmation you'll be there, look forward to meeting you.

luckesGTV6

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the encouragement.

It looks like the problem was a rogue thermostat which had closed, causing a build up of steam which released at full throttle along the straight blowing off the top hose connection.
Like you said at the time the water pump must be in good shape! Car's running fine now as its locked into 'fail safe' mode with the 'stat permanently fixed open!

Thanks for giving details of your radiator and the fact that you’ve found it OK is reassuring, mine is similar - but of German EIS make.
I still think that there could be an extra row of tubes in the OEM 3 litre/2.0 Turbo unit as the EPER part numbers for the 2 litre are different. Not according to the aftermarket ‘experts’ though!
I suspect it’s probably like the 3 litre exhaust offerings - the part ‘fits’ rather than is ‘OEM spec’. There’s 5mm reduction in pipe diameter in all the ones I’ve seen!

Be good to see you at ‘Combe if you fancy a trip out on Saturday.

conaero

Forum Owner
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the encouragement.

It looks like the problem was a rogue thermostat which had closed, causing a build up of steam which released at full throttle along the straight blowing off the top hose connection.
Like you said at the time the water pump must be in good shape! Car's running fine now as its locked into 'fail safe' mode with the 'stat permanently fixed open!

Thanks for giving details of your radiator and the fact that you’ve found it OK is reassuring, mine is similar - but of German EIS make.
I still think that there could be an extra row of tubes in the OEM 3 litre/2.0 Turbo unit as the EPER part numbers for the 2 litre are different. Not according to the aftermarket ‘experts’ though!
I suspect it’s probably like the 3 litre exhaust offerings - the part ‘fits’ rather than is ‘OEM spec’. There’s 5mm reduction in pipe diameter in all the ones I’ve seen!

Be good to see you at ‘Combe if you fancy a trip out on Saturday.

What with a Stag doo in Benidorm and Llandow in the past 2 weeks, I am all out of 'freedom tokens' so I will have to pass I am afraid.

MrMickS

Sorry, but it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to make this at all now. Will put it on the calendar for next year though. Hope everything goes well and lots of cash is raised.

luckesGTV6

Sorry, but it's looking unlikely that I'll be able to make this at all now. Will put it on the calendar for next year though. Hope everything goes well and lots of cash is raised.

Disappointed to hear that you can't make it MrMickS. Hope the engineers fix your Maser PDQ.
Presumably you've notified Richard?

*_______________________________________________________________
I have at the moment will be changing it Wednesday if all goes as planned.
So will be in the new one a newer blue one and if there is any hiccup early Saturday it will be have to be the Alfa Spider

Big day today then Kazzer, hopefully all has gone well and you will collect your new blue Bella as planned.
Looking forward to seeing it on Saturday, if not, then the Alfa will be equally welcome on the parade line.

*_______________________________________________________________

Hoping to post the gate passes for you 7 on the chorus line before tomorrow. :)

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Forecast looks dry, but I will put my new gazebo in the QP's (tiny) boot, just in case.

luckesGTV6

Tha'll be wussu'n trying to fit a Chinese shower coat back into it's original bag! :)

Many thanks for that though MarkMas. It will be really valuable if there's a hiccup in the weather.

Better forecast than the one for last year's event which turned out good on the day. :)

Kazzer

Big day today then Kazzer, hopefully all has gone well and you will collect your new blue Bella as planned.
Looking forward to seeing it on Saturday, if not, then the Alfa will be equally welcome on the parade line.

All went as planned so shall be in a Masser

luckesGTV6

This post is solely for our Seven SportsItalia Forum Members who are exhibiting their cars at the event.*

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Thanks in advance for giving your support, prepping your cars for display and driving the weary miles to attend so early in the day.
Your Commitment is really appreciated.

The weather forecast looks reasonable and MarkMas has kindly volunteered a gazebo just in case there’s unexpected foibles.

Below is an image of your SportsItalia free gate pass. Sorry about the carpy quality, they send it in PDF format and I cant convert to JPEG!

DSCN2507.jpg

Please right click and print off one copy each, for display on your vehicle windscreen.

I’m hoping that you found time to prepare a short resume of your car to put inside the window. It will help the public to appreciate the uniqueness of your ‘Bella’.

As posted earlier, we've been given a prime spot right in the centre of the action, close to the Strawford Control Centre and Tavern, up towards the Avon footbridge.

*DIRECTIONS_______________________________________________

You need to enter the circuit at the signed Paddock (Competitors ) entrance which is along the B4638 Bristol to Chippenham road and to show the above pass at the gate for free entry.
If there's any problem ask for Jennifer Griffiths who you’ll need to see anyway at the purple & white kiosk just along from the gate and she should direct you through the Paddock entrance to the right.
Please observe the 15 mph paddock speed limit. :auto178:
Take the first turn left and follow the track round and along the left hand side of the paddock and our display area is on the left side of the road (areas G5, G6 and G7 I’m guessing from last year) just short of the Strawford Centre, and beside the Stroke Association gazebo - please reverse in and park 'Bella'prettily. :) :)
It’s unlikely I'll be there to assist so I suggest the Maseratis park at the Stroke Association gazebo end and the Alfas at the other end of our area.
I’ll try to park the black Alfa GTV at the extremity as long as possible to provide a marker.

*PECUNIARY MATTERS_____________________________________

There’s money to be paid Guys and given to Jennifer who should be in the ticket sales office, next to the shop, from about 9am onwards .
Please make certain she knows it’s from AutoItalia.
Again, I’m probably not available to organise this and one or two may also arrive late.
With the gazebo included we have to pay for 9 display places which works out at about seven quid a car, including all the passengers you bring inside it.

*This section is solely for our SportsItalia Forum Members who are driving ontrack.

Unfortunately, due to S*d’s Law, that’s me on me tod, as the saying goes!
So, personal memo, don’t forget to set the alarm to arrive by 7.15 for track briefing and, above all -

don’t - ever - go - anywhere - near - the - car - boot - with - the - keys!!!

Last edited:

MrMickS

*This section is solely for our SportsItalia Forum Members who are driving ontrack.

Unfortunately, due to S*d’s Law, that’s me on me tod, as the saying goes!
So, personal memo, don’t forget to set the alarm to arrive by 7.15 for track briefing and, above all -

don’t - ever - go - anywhere - near - the - car - boot - with - the - keys!!!

[/FONT]

Seems to me that's the voice of experience ;)

MarkMas

Chief pedant