Ouch. Think my clutch has just gone.

StuartW

Sorry to hear that but at least you weren't on the low loader again, it could have been worse.
You deserve some luck though so I hope it's not too painful once they get to the bottom of the issue

GeoffCapes

Thanks Newton! I think I need to pass it on to someone else! Any takers?

Speaking with Matthew and Chesney (his tech) it sounds like it could be something as simple as resetting PIS after a system reset, as when the F1 fluid was practically empty, the gears adjust their parameters accordingly until the reach a certain level.
With a refill of F1 fluid, those parameters are then way out and it throws the car into neutral as a safety mechanism.

This is what I'm hoping at least.

Worst case scenarios are a new clutch or worse still new gearbox. Yikes!

Either way they won't know until they get the Diag back, so it's a waiting game for me for now.

alfatwo

You should have bought an old school 3200GT mate.. going up in price not down and the 4200 costing you a fortune in the process!

Dave

GeoffCapes

Thanks Dave!

Another update, the damage which was done whilst unloading will now be repaired by the guys next to Giallo probably at some point this week.
Remove, repair and repaint the rear bumper, in the process I'll get the front resprayed as well. Which also removes the scratches I got 9 days after buying it from the accident debris on the way to the Old Orchard in Feb.

So the good news is when I get it back, mechanically and cosmetically it'll be mint. The bad news is I will now definitely be coming to the Christmas Bash in the Merc. :(

GeoffCapes

Or buy a nice hybrid in the meantime to keep you going

Nice try Dean. Actually the missus really likes QP's. So I'm contemplating one. Need to work out the £££'s first to see if it could work with a QP being a workhorse.

rockits

You'll need some good man maths with that one for your mileage! Good luck though...cracking car & cracking value the QP though.

Ewan

The QP is lovely car, but would be expensive as a workhorse. 17mpg, plus heavy on the (expensive) brakes and tyres. No depreciation to speak of though, and that is usually the major running cost on a nice car. And it would put a smile on your face every day, which has to be worth something.

RSM Masser

Please keep this to yourself and do not spread a rumour you are considering a Maserati for the wife.
If my wife knew this was happening this would cause outrage "look what other people buy as second cars"

But we did see a Bentley SUV today on a 66 plate - very nice, fooking huge and double fookin expensive!

Wack61

I saw one of those Bentley SUVs and you're correct they are massive , I bet they're nice inside though

GeoffCapes

Please keep this to yourself and do not spread a rumour you are considering a Maserati for the wife.
If my wife knew this was happening this would cause outrage "look what other people buy as second cars"

But we did see a Bentley SUV today on a 66 plate - very nice, fooking huge and double fookin expensive!

A Maser for the wife! Don't be so ridiculous!

Fat Arnie

Damaged both ends? Surely that makes it CAT C?

Thanks Dave!

Another update, the damage which was done whilst unloading will now be repaired by the guys next to Giallo probably at some point this week.
Remove, repair and repaint the rear bumper, in the process I'll get the front resprayed as well. Which also removes the scratches I got 9 days after buying it from the accident debris on the way to the Old Orchard in Feb.

So the good news is when I get it back, mechanically and cosmetically it'll be mint. The bad news is I will now definitely be coming to the Christmas Bash in the Merc. :(

GeoffCapes

Only if it's smashed into a wall and ripped open like a tin of sardines by a low loader.

But in my case not when it's a couple of scratches.

hoyin

But don't you think they look ugly??

To me it looks like they haven't gone forward in terms of design but rolled the clock back to the 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk