The Grand Tour..Amazon

Contigo

Sponsor
The country has less than 10% of its population describing themselves as white...yet the audiance were mainly white.79% of the country are Black
If history is correct the majority of white people there are of European decent but of course are South African, just not native.

I just find it bizarre that a touring programes local audiance does not reflect the local population.

And every one of the guys in the drifting arena was black so surely a balance?

spkennyuk

I thought you just applied for tickets and you either got some or you didnt and it was a first come first served basis excluding the ones they keep back for staff and friends.

If thats the case how would they decide in advance what percentage of the audience was from what background ?

Surely its just a higher percentage of white South Africans applied for tickets.

alfatwo

I think Its just great what with the old guys back on TV,..ok Its not perfect but the production and filming is just amazing..

With there budget Its only going to get better ;)..sorry BBC but you fuc. up big time there..

Dave

FIFTY

I watched the second episode last night, granted I fell asleep a little bit towards the end but it was okay... it had that typical anticlimax second episode in a season of old Top Gear feel

Like others have said in the past this is a bit of a win/win as we now have another car orientated entertainment show plus Top Gear with Chris Harris doing stuff on the BBC and Youtube

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Agreed - the thing in Jordan went on far too long and if you hadn't seen the Tom Cruise film it didn't make any sense. I did enjoy the part about the Vulcan though; what a car.

conaero

Forum Owner
Agreed - the thing in Jordan went on far too long and if you hadn't seen the Tom Cruise film it didn't make any sense. I did enjoy the part about the Vulcan though; what a car.

Agreed, that was the only **** bit in the first 2 episodes...and kinda the same as happened on the JC/HAM/JM Top Gear so just look at is as consistency.

drewf

Ah! Hadn't seen the Tom Cruise film which might have explained the nonsense in the desert. Thanks for that David!

Agree on the Vulcan - have seen it run, and it's properly awesome.

drewf

Looks like the Italian stuff will be on from next Friday - looking forward to seeing that.

safrane

Latest episode rather like this forum and its members trips to Europe.

Enjoyed it as more sensible today.

allandwf

I didn't like this one so much, they could have made more of Italy, and blowing up the house just seemed stupid.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Apparently Clarkson has just bought the house for the plot, and was going to demolish it and build a new one anyway. Blowing it up probably saved him money whilst getting the job done.

alfatwo

I thought episode 3 was the best yet,good story starting in northern England and then the amazing filming of central Italy!

Dave

D Walker

Not bothered with any so far.... keep watching re-runs of the specials on Dave though,

Well, it is my channel after all !!!!

D Walker

Well, it is my channel after all.

You need to get your ar'se in gear mate,the photo and filming is just superb..

Dave

TBH Dave - I hardly watch telly -Its full of bad news and lies!!!!
I generally watch car / house building programmes and music channels(for the noise)
Dave

alfatwo

TBH Dave - I hardly watch telly -Its full of bad news and lies!!!!
I generally watch car / house building programmes and music channels(for the noise)
Dave

Have fun mate and a Happy Christmas, see you next year ;)

Dave