Gransport creaking roof liner

maseratimike7

Hi guys,

Can anyone point me in the direct of a how to regarding a cure to the creaking leather roof in the gransport?

Only started doing it a week ago and it's driving me nuts already.

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

conaero

Forum Owner
It's the cold weather makes the leather hard. Take off the curtain trim and put vascalene where it mates with other surfaces.

The other noise is a rattling around the interior light.

safrane

I used dry lube as its less messy than vascalene and avoids having to explain why you are going to the garage with a tub of it!

spkennyuk

I cant quite picture the part your talking about but if its anything like the seals on the frameless windows then i bought something called Gummi Pflege Stift. It lubricates and restore the rubber seals round the doors and boot and stops them freezing to the glass in winter. It also stops any squeaks against the glass.

Its basically a water based lubricant without silicone in it and doesnt stain that i can see.

Its about £8 a bottle from amazon or twin packs from about £12. Ive put two coats on mine and there is hardly any gone out of the bottle.

Im pretty impressed with it so far and wind noise round the window seals is definately reduced.

The reason i mention it if its a seal trim your talking about then it will probably do the trick and there is no mess like vaseline or silicone based lubricants to deal with.

Mini review here : https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.de...-1z-gummi-pflege-stift-rubber-care-stick/amp/

Panicracing

My GS was the same a few years ago, if you remove all the outer trim some areas have felt tape where it contacts the roof trim but there is quite a bit that does not. Got myself a large roll of felt tape and re done everything. Worked a treat. If you want some FOC got loads here, just pm me.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

conaero

Forum Owner
My GS was the same a few years ago, if you remove all the outer trim some areas have felt tape where it contacts the roof trim but there is quite a bit that does not. Got myself a large roll of felt tape and re done everything. Worked a treat. If you want some FOC got loads here, just pm me.

I looked everywhere for this and couldn't find it, can you post up a link?

The vasceline has worked so far...about a year.

Panicracing

I looked everywhere for this and couldn't find it, can you post up a link?

The vasceline has worked so far...about a year.
I will need to have a look in my paperwork but I'm sure I've got a 50m roll so if you want some let me know. I only used about 10m on my car.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Nylon headlining here.
No squeaky issues!
Not sure the leather headlining was really a good idea, by its very nature its heavy and stiff and fighting against gravity to fall down all the time!
Can't actually think of any other car with a leather headlining either?
The nylon headlining is still high quality, and in my case a very light beige colour so makes the cabin bright and light.

maseratimike7

Vasceline seems to have worked when I applied it today but for a longer term solution I think I will look into the felt option!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk