Newbie - th glorious GT 4.7 GT MC

vanman1936

Hi Guys

Great to join the fraternity, just come from a 996 TT. The GT is a different beast and love it for all the right reasons.....what a presence.

Here she is below (excuse the dealer shot).

Masser 2.jpg

Looking forward to some great years in her.

P

StuartW

What a stunning car and I'm sure you'll have many miles of smiles - welcome along & enjoy!

BuckRog64

Yes that glass works well with the grey Neptune's.

If you've owned the Porker for a couple of years or so it must have been quite nice to see the appreciation in value cover the cost of trading to a GTS.

vanman1936

Yes that glass works well with the grey Neptune's.

If you've owned the Porker for a couple of years or so it must have been quite nice to see the appreciation in value cover the cost of trading to a GTS.

Ha, a little yes. If only I had bought the 50k miler 996TT I was looking at I would have had enough to buy the GT from the profit alone! Anyway, car speculation is, largely, a mugs game...having said that, buy a second hand rare car and you shouldn't lose too much cash once the depreciation curve has flattened out. I think the Porsche "bubble" has softened post Brexit, cars simply aren't selling like they were. Anyway, I am a happy punter with the GT for a while, already thinking about an FD Exhaust Switch - $250 delivered.

A nice car. But I could not bear to part with my 996 Turbo.
I like the GranSport and the Turbo.

What colour was your Turbo? It will turn up in discussions on 911uk for sure with some prospective punter asking about it.

Andyk

A big warm welcome and what a car you have...Silver is lovely on the GT S.....Enjoy.

JonW

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, and as others have said, that's a stunning looking car.

I only joined the club just under a month ago, and I hope you enjoy owning it and driving it as much as I'm enjoying mine!

Jon

FIFTY

Welcome hope you enjoy smiles for miles... I'm sure you will with those valves open in sports mode

vanman1936

Cheers guys.

The 996TT was an X50 manual in silver running about 500bhp with a DMS remap. Never missed a beat. Was on about 90k.

Reg was KD52 CDK if anyone on that forum wants to chat with me.

Serkie

Welcome along pal, fellow GT newbie myself.

Hope you enjoy the GT as much as I am!

vanman1936

Cheers guys. They are epic cars aren't they. I genuinely don't regret moving to one.

Great pace, presence and space. My god they like a drink though, I guess that's what you get with a car of this size and power.....and right foot :)!

Contigo

Sponsor
Cheers guys. They are epic cars aren't they. I genuinely don't regret moving to one.

Great pace, presence and space. My god they like a drink though, I guess that's what you get with a car of this size and power.....and right foot :)!

Funnily enough I find mine not bad at all compared to some previous cars like my V10 M5 (10 mpg average).

I'm glad I never owned an M5!

I took the Turbo out of hibernation yesterday after 3 months on the CTEK charger.
50 mile trip across A roads, Dual Carriageways and the M6. Returned 25.5mpg!

And the oomph of those twin Turbos was just phenomenal. But I noticed the driving position is so much lower than the GS.
The noise? Just a whooosh sound like a hoover and none of the intoxicating growl of the GS above 4k rpm.