Question of the day

midlifecrisis

The mountain course on the Isle of Man is 37.73 miles long and over 200 corners...
Zeltweg was also called A1 ring and was a very long course bit like an Austrian Nurburgring...

What about Fuji or Mount Panorama aka bathurst in Australia? Shortest was moat likely Long Beach

GeoffCapes

I think the longest circuit is Pescara Italy and shortest could be one of the shorter street circuits maybe Long Beach. The only other short circuit I know of is Zeltweg Austria which is an airfield circuit used by the DTM championship, not sure if the F1 has been held there

Spot on Pescara is just over 16 miles long. GP was held there in 1957.
And the shortest is indeed Zeltweg only 1.98 miles long. GP was held there in 1964.

Over to you Andy.

zagatoes30

Sorry mega busy yesterday, I will try and set one later but if some one wants to jump in and set one please feel free

zagatoes30

OK got round to it, in 2008 a inventor died and he was buried in one of his inventions, who was the inventor and what was he buried in?

D Walker

Cant remember his name, but,

the guy who invented pringles or the pringle tube had his ashes buried in a pringle tube I believe.

Think I heard it on radio 2 one morning!!!

zagatoes30

Cant remember his name, but,

the guy who invented pringles or the pringle tube had his ashes buried in a pringle tube I believe.

Think I heard it on radio 2 one morning!!!

Correct but bugger that Radio 2 mentioned it this morning - any one want a go at his name before we get Dave to set the next question?

spkennyuk

Over to you Dave. Im busy for the next few days.

IIRC the baur family had to get special permision for Fredricks ashes to be inturned in a pringles can.

spkennyuk

I will set you off again.

Which country classified beer as a food stuff / soft drink until 2013 ?

There are a few reasons why it changed but you can take a guess at the reasons for fun if you like.

MrPea

The country I might guess would be The Netherlands as they like beer and ate associated with orange, but it's a smaller country than Ireland