Power steering warning

P R

Is there a "fix" to the annoying power steering service warning light that comes on on some very cold mornings?

Mine has done it a couple of times this winter. A restart clears it but wondered if anyone has had some software update to cure this? Mine will be in for its 50k mile service in the next few weeks so was going to mention it to them. Ta

MrMickS

I've never seen it come on. Is it under warranty still?

I never had the light come on. It just broke.

P R

Yes under warranty until June. It has come on about 4 or 5 times over the 2 winters Ive had it. On very cold nights only (-3 Id say or below). If you turn it off and restart it goes away. I mentioned it last year to them they couldn't find anything wrong

keith

Is there a "fix" to the annoying power steering service warning light that comes on on some very cold mornings?

Mine has done it a couple of times this winter. A restart clears it but wondered if anyone has had some software update to cure this? Mine will be in for its 50k mile service in the next few weeks so was going to mention it to them. Ta

I have had the same appear on odd occasions. As you say it disappears when you restart. I was wondering whether in the cold weather the battery is a little low so the electronics play up when you start the car.

P R

Maybe.. the dials do act a bit strangely to.. as in they judder for a second or so