Local fabricators for exhaust in UK

Tufan

I'm switching to EU type manifolds. What now I need is the next section with 200 cell sport metallic cats. I'm worried of speed bumps so the design with good clearance is important. Already have Tubi rear box.

Please suggest me manufactures who had enough supplied forum members and even better if offer a special deal.

Also I understand that some GS with US spec manifolds have unrestricted x-pipe. How does it look like?

Thanks

Ewan

You could try the chap in Berkshire near Phil. He's done plenty of H pipes etc for Maser GS and GT cars. Can't recall his contact details just know, but have the paperwork in my office so can check on Monday.

Ewan

Just found it on the web. Search for Berkshire Garage Ltd, Express Way, Newbury, and tell the boss that Phil with the GranTourismo sent you.

GeoffCapes

I had my cats done at Berkshire garage and I wouldn't recommend them at all. The air flow was terrible as was the welding. And the cats were too low and got damaged on a bumpy road.
I had to have them re-done.
However, when they were, they were a work of art!
Fast Road Conversions in Ashford did this.

Scan 5.jpg

Their work is excellent.

urquattrogus

Hayward and Scott in Basildon are generally regarded as excellent I think. I've used them 3-4 times to good affect.

A couple of times just to cut out silencers, but they made a lovely 3" full exhaust for my urquattro, with nice oem style slashed tips.

Tufan

I need a solution with best ground clearance. Is it 2 pipes or have a squashed type which I think Fast road conversions did. Having a flexy part should be also useful in case of hit?

CatmanV2

I had my cats done at Berkshire garage and I wouldn't recommend them at all. The air flow was terrible as was the welding. And the cats were too low and got damaged on a bumpy road.

View attachment 41525

Their work is excellent.

Conversely I had my H-Pipe done by Josh (at Berkshire) and it's fine. (Just adding balance)

C

Tufan

I don't want the bangles "yet" so keeping original xpipe. Already have Tubi rears. So the 200 single cat first pipe change is what I'm after.

The pdf source about exhausts mentions some GS in fact have unrestricted xpipe. How to tell by the looks?

Tufan

View attachment 41525

Their work is excellent.

Hello again. Is the photo from Fast road conversions? Is the pipe near ground squished? Other photos? Do you know what brand cat is used? Thanks.

GeoffCapes

Hello again. Is the photo from Fast road conversions? Is the pipe near ground squished? Other photos? Do you know what brand cat is used? Thanks.

Yes the photo is from Fast Road Conversions. There is a slight 'squish', however, the airflow is not compromised.
These guys know their stuff. They make Ferrari Challenge race car exhausts.

I don't know off the top of my head what brand of cat they used, but I know they don't do stuff on the cheap.
It wouldn't be too difficult to find out.