New member saying Hi

b9boy

Bumped into one of the forum founder members on the M6 toll the other day who introduced me to the forum (hope your daughter feels better BTW).

I bought my Gransport a little over a year ago and hadn't found a suitable forum to join but from what I've heard this is the friendliest forum going?

Looking forward to being an active member and meeting up for events/track days and shows.

Not exactly a Maserati newbie having owned a 3200GT moons back.

Will post better/more pictures when I get a second.

Elliott

CatmanV2

Lovely car. Welcome. Some of the members here are very friendly indeed. You might want to look at the MAF / Benny / Dem thread to see just how friendly ;)

The rest of us are a bunch of **** :D

C

BL330

Welcome aboard Elliot,
What a beautifully kept example you have there.
My car had the identical interior until I recently had the avorio dash recovered in black.
The avorio used to be torture in our bright sun.
Yours looks to be a very low mileage one. How many miles on it?

outrun

Nice looking GS mate. Welcome to the madness. You'll find that we're especially good a thread drift.

Did anyone see Ant and Dec tonight? I love those guys.

Andyk

A very big welcome to the forum. Love your Gransport. That interior is stunning. Always loved that colour tech cloth on the cream leather. If you are looking for a friendly easy going track day we have on at Llandow in Cardiff on April 27th...and cheap at £99.

safrane

Welcome from another Nero GS owner.

As others have said the trim choice looks great and fan nicer than my black.

Navcorr

Stunning car. As others have said the interior is gorgeous. Could I ask what you do to keep the leather in tip-top shape like that. There's a specific thread on this topic but I thought I could lure you into a bit of drift early on. :smile:

Contigo

Sponsor
Bumped into one of the forum founder members on the M6 toll the other day who introduced me to the forum (hope your daughter feels better BTW).

I bought my Gransport a little over a year ago and hadn't found a suitable forum to join but from what I've heard this is the friendliest forum going?

Looking forward to being an active member and meeting up for events/track days and shows.

Elliott

Hi Elliot,

It was me and thanks yes she got Norovirus the morning of that 200 mile journey!!! She is tip top now :D

Great to meet you and a stunning car you have. Hope you can make some forum meets and benefit from the wealth of information on here and buy some cheap forum discs.

conaero

Forum Owner
Who was the guy who met on the M6?

Describe him, we will work the rest out, did he look like a Milto Keynes version of Crocodile Dundee?

Welcome, lovely car mate.

Ashventini

Elliott

Hi. I am new too. So far the members have been very helpful and enthusiastic. Nice car BTW.

b9boy

Thanks all for the warm welcome and apologies for the tardy reply.

Yep the You Tube link car is mine although I didnt buy it through them (and would never buy a car off them as it happens). I bought it through a dealer who did a swap for a QP.

It's had a small fortune spent on it since then (pushing towards the £10K mark now i think) because it had been left largely undriven for years which doesnt do them any good. But Marios at Autoshield has now got it mostly sorted but, as we all know, its a little like the forth road bridge so there's always something left to do on it.

Since buying it I've done quite a few miles actually (just under 18,000) which whilst bringing the bills forward has helped the way the car runs.

Regards to the leather it's actually the roughest part of the car now funnily enough. I think Sterling Performance must have had the leather connolised and it's just cracked away again so I think I will have the seats retrimmed. Unfortunately the guy who was recommended to me appears to have retired so I'm on the look out for one if anyone can recommend one (and the closer to the North West the better although happy to travel if i have to)??

Usually i use Gliptone products which have served me well over the years and embeds a nice fresh leather smell into the seats.

Dont get me started on dashboard glare!!! It's terrible really. The Mrs took a stance at one point of refusing to drive it unless i got the dash recovered but I havent been brave enough to get it done, partly because i'm unsure what it would look like in black or really dark blue leather. Thoughts/pics?

b9boy

Hi Elliot,

It was me and thanks yes she got Norovirus the morning of that 200 mile journey!!! She is tip top now :D

Great to meet you and a stunning car you have. Hope you can make some forum meets and benefit from the wealth of information on here and buy some cheap forum discs.

Hello there Phil. Glad she's better now - didnt envy your journey thats for sure!! Did you get any grief off your other half for standing around talking Maserati's in the car park (again)??

p.s I need some new discs again actually as I've warped mine. Where and how much please??

leeq61

Thanks all for the warm welcome and apologies for the tardy reply.

Yep the You Tube link car is mine although I didnt buy it through them (and would never buy a car off them as it happens). I bought it through a dealer who did a swap for a QP.

It's had a small fortune spent on it since then (pushing towards the £10K mark now i think) because it had been left largely undriven for years which doesnt do them any good. But Marios at Autoshield has now got it mostly sorted but, as we all know, its a little like the forth road bridge so there's always something left to do on it.

Since buying it I've done quite a few miles actually (just under 18,000) which whilst bringing the bills forward has helped the way the car runs.

Regards to the leather it's actually the roughest part of the car now funnily enough. I think Sterling Performance must have had the leather connolised and it's just cracked away again so I think I will have the seats retrimmed. Unfortunately the guy who was recommended to me appears to have retired so I'm on the look out for one if anyone can recommend one (and the closer to the North West the better although happy to travel if i have to)??

Usually i use Gliptone products which have served me well over the years and embeds a nice fresh leather smell into the seats.

Dont get me started on dashboard glare!!! It's terrible really. The Mrs took a stance at one point of refusing to drive it unless i got the dash recovered but I havent been brave enough to get it done, partly because i'm unsure what it would look like in black or really dark blue leather. Thoughts/pics?

It's a really good looking car and glad you've got it sorted . I do like the cream contrast of the leather with the Nero Black exterior. Mine's due into Marios @ Autoshield over the next couple of weeks for the annual service & MOT. Hopefully all should be ok as its been locked up for the winter and not driven since September.