The good morning thread

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Up early to catch our flight back to the UK from Iceland.
Just looked out of the hotel window and we appear to have had a foot of snow over night.
And it's still coming down. So it could be an interesting few hours.

MrMickS

Morning all,

I thought this was supposed to be the better day of the weekend. Was going to fettle the car a bit this morning but it's cold and grey outside so that's off for the moment.

Wonder how many points England will score against Italy later.

Have a good one everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrPea

Morning everyone!
A lazy Sunday for me... church, lunch, rugby, gym/pool and possibly some accounts.
HapPea Sunday!

zagatoes30

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Well the first is a common sense change, we get the option of a motorability car for our disabled son, this is equivalently a fully maintained lease car (including insurance, tax & maintenance) with no tax liability. So time to sell the Alfa GT and get a new 184BHP Seat Leon FR diesel. So off to order that on Monday.

Second is to replace the ageing Range Rover as the tow barge. After much searching and test driving we have decided that the VW Touareg is probably more practical than the RR. It is capable of towing 3500Kg (same as the RR) which easily covers the roadblocker or a trailer with a normal size car. It is more car like on a daily basis and it easily has enough space. We can get a 16 plate version with next to no miles (less than 10k) for our budget. RR & Discovery would have been 40k miles and 12 plate. The only thing we lose is the low ratio off road capability but in all the time we have had the RR we have never had to use that function.

The only question remaining is what to do with the two Maseratis, sell of keep and that is causing some soul searching

2b1ask1

Special case
Just in time to make the good morning post! Home from a night of fun and frollicks hosted by Maf. Sore head yes but worth it.

Have fun all...

2b1ask1

Special case
Not too shabby Dem, done a full family roast for 13 people as my brother-in-law was up this weekend and looking quite healthy! Then I've just driven No.2 to Ashford; no peace for the wicked. I have to empty the Volvo of tools and put the Mas away under the van yet...

How poor were England in the first half?

rockits

Morning all, some serious car decisions yesterday best start getting the ball rolling
Good and bad in a major car shake up. All good fun though going through the process to find the right vehicles.

Shame I have just bought an Alfa GT as no doubt I would have take your GT.

hoyin

Realised I should never buy a nice car for the wife. Went shopping with her today and when she opened the car door she opened it straight into the trolley she was pushing! Then proceeded to drag her trolley across the door!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zagatoes30

Good and bad in a major car shake up. All good fun though going through the process to find the right vehicles.

Shame I have just bought an Alfa GT as no doubt I would have take your GT.

Its all about timing and I am **** at that. I think it will sell easily enough :)

D Walker

Morning All,
Waiting to board for Maldives, weather in Sri Lanks is presently horrendous, rain and fog!
Let's hope Keredu is a bit better!!
Have a good week,
Dave

Andyk

Morning all..Interviewing for a Warehouse Operations Manager all day today. Back to back interviews. Oh joy.