My QP Sport GT For sale

mattjevans

Apologies if my posts came across as something different but my point there was only that I have been PM'd about other cars that certain other members are considering selling - different propositions to yours at different price points - and that I was thinking about what I really wanted before I waste yours or anyone's time with lots of questions or hypothetical arrangements only to decide I really want an auto or a 2008 or GTS or whatever.

No offence meant to you or CL at all and yours certainly looks very nice with the obvious benefits of buying from someone who is active here. I was actually drafting up a PM to you with a couple of preliminary questions earlier which I'll finish off tomorrow.

I apologise that 3 or so pages of this thread got diverted into the perils of equestrian ownership! I guess that's forums for you...

Gixerboy

You're coming across as a time waster Matt, ...new to the forum , only 18 posts ..one minute it's a 4200 then my QP then others ... Talking about inspections & liabilities & you haven't even made contact ..! Guess that's forums for you...
I suggest you do not post on my thread anymore unless you are genuinely interested or have made contact .. This is not eBay after all ..!!

Navcorr

I'm new here too, and don't wish to tread on anyone's toes, particularly where someone is wanting to sell their cherished Maser, but come on ..... give the guy a chance. Does he not have the right to explore all his options?

handbags.jpg

Gixerboy

I'm new here too, and don't wish to tread on anyone's toes, particularly where someone is wanting to sell their cherished Maser, but come on ..... give the guy a chance. Does he not have the right to explore all his options?

View attachment 41620

Of course , normally picking the phone up is the best way... Rather that posting a diatribe of ifs & buts on my specific sale post.
General forum chat may be better if in the early stages of deliberation .

Please remain off this thread unless you are or know someone interested in purchasing .

I would prefer not to have to contact the moderators .
Thanks

mattjevans

No problem. Good luck with your sale. I'll get in touch once I'm in funds if the car is still available

Navcorr

If a "new guy" is allowed to add an additional thought, based on my own extensive reading of numerous posts, I doubt the SM forum is the place to issue threats. Hey ho, each to their own and do what you must.

Alternatively, rest assured I will, with pleasure, stay well clear of your sales thread.

conaero

Forum Owner
This is something we have had an issues with and is starting to cause mild irritation.

Its a bit of a double edged sword. If nobody replies to a for sale thread, then the thread dwindles and dies. If it is subject to thread drift, it irritates the vendor but does keep the thread active which will in turn help is sell.

I suppose we all have to act with courtesy but in turn, not be afraid to comment on it as it will keep the advert current.

Gixerboy

Evening all ..just to keep you posted , The QP has found a new owner in Yorkshire Today ..Managed to agree a sale at £14,250.00 with New MOT.

He said he has seen a few but was happy with the price considering how well the car Had been looked after .

So smiles all round .. Cheers All

Navcorr

Evening Gixerboy - am glad you got the sale you wanted.
I thought about getting in touch last month but decided the best thing to do was stay out of the way.
My light hearted attempt at injecting a bit of humour into proceedings obviously wasn't what was needed.
For that I apologise. I'd also like to apologise to Matt as all this came on the 7th anniversary of the forum.
On what was a day of celebration the last thing needed was any hint of friction between members.
Hopefully, no hard feelings and, again, glad you got the sale you wanted. Nice!!

iainw

Evening Gixerboy - am glad you got the sale you wanted.
I thought about getting in touch last month but decided the best thing to do was stay out of the way.
My light hearted attempt at injecting a bit of humour into proceedings obviously wasn't what was needed.
For that I apologise. I'd also like to apologise to Matt as all this came on the 7th anniversary of the forum.
On what was a day of celebration the last thing needed was any hint of friction between members.
Hopefully, no hard feelings and, again, glad you got the sale you wanted. Nice!!

FWIW I thought
The image you posted was funny. But I can understand the frustration when someone is trying to sell a much loved car.
Great result to get a sale close to the asking price! Worth the wait

Andyk

Evening all ..just to keep you posted , The QP has found a new owner in Yorkshire Today ..Managed to agree a sale at £14,250.00 with New MOT.

He said he has seen a few but was happy with the price considering how well the car Had been looked after .

So smiles all round .. Cheers All

Well done...it was always a great car for the price.

safrane

What a mad world this is. If it was a BMW, Audi or Merc the miles wohld have never been a concern and with so many used as rep cars it is almost the expected norm....yet with a Maser they are still shot at 50k or at under 10k for an older car...world is mad.

bigbob

You say that but same age 7 series and S class will be worth less than a QP so the market is kind to Maser values versus these German Exec Barges.

Ewan

A work colleague just sold his high spec 2008 Merc S Class diesel with 85000 miles for £6k. Which just shows how much better the QP of the same age/mileage fares. A ten year old QP is special - a 10 year old S class is a taxi.

rockits

Does highlight something wrong in modern society when we can only value an amazing 2008 piece of engineering at only 6k.

safrane

I was not commenting on value or price, but that a x miles a Maser is considered a poor option.