Top Gear tonight

Andyk

I recorded it and just watched the car bits....cut out all the drivel. Bugatti bit was really good.

zagatoes30

I watched it last night and as soon as I saw the Pacman bit I knew who was going to be having a go on here today ;)

I actually really like the new show, even the Pacman bit. Not a fan of the star in a car bit but that is mostly down to the fact the stars in the last couple of weeks have been a bit flat, they need to bring something other than just their name.

StuartW

For me, as long as you record it and can go through what you don't like, the show's ok, Loved the Bugatti bit also the Twingo - a great little car!

m1980k

They really need a petrolheads' cut available on iPlayer. Extend the car bits, delete the guff in the middle. The FXXK and Golf Clubsport reviews were great, as was the challenge in Kazakhstan.

hoyin

I really wonder what non car people think about top gear vs grand tour. And whether non car people used to watch the old TG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockits

I don't know any non-car people. I've disowned them Well apart from my wife but that's a given!

Andyk

The one thing that I've noticed is that they just do articles and I think that's ok but then they can on and on until it's boring. PAC man thing for instance.....Did it once and it was watchable then had a best of three and it was just boring. Chris Harris threading that Alfa through the wall...Enjoyed the review but then that went on and on and on.....but will always watch because of the cars and taping it is much better as you only watch the good stuff.

mchristyuk

I get the impression we're becoming a forum of grumpy old men who are impossible to please with unrealistic expectations :)

I found both the new Top Gear and the Grand Tour perfectly watchable, not as good as early Clarkson, Hammond, May TG but far better than the dreadful Chris Evans revamp. They both had their highs and lows, but for prime time entertainment programs that have to appeal to the masses they did a decent fist of getting some cars on TV.

If they made the kind of program "we" want to watch then they would be on the Discovery Channel at 3am in the morning with an audience of 100,000 and decommissioned after the first series. Having to make a car program that appeals to a massively disparate audience must be a daunting task and very hard to get just right. I think Harris, LeBlanc and Reid are slowly starting to get some form of comradery and it's good to see they have taken one step forward at differentiating the series from earlier TG's.

I mean.. we have programs that do show bits we as petrol heads are interested in AND wow.. we can fast forward the bits we don't like! First world problems eh?...

Also, whilst I am not into Rap music in the slightest (and was tempted to fast forward his interview) I thought Tinie Tempah came across as a decent egg unlike so many of his cohorts. So I learnt something new by watching the bit I thought I wouldn't be interested in.

Rant over :)

Mark

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I taped it, sorry, recorded it, then simply fast forwarded the guess appearance as soon as I didn't recognise him, and the pacman bit TBH.
Nothing to moan about then!

Spartacus

...No the problem is that Top gear and the Grand Tour are just b0ll0cks really if we are all honest , Thats the problem .