Where to find some straight through rears exhausts ?

Contigo

Sponsor
It was watching your original video that persuaded me to go X rather than H in the first place.. didn't want my Italian Stallion to sound like a Yank Tank :)

Mark

For me the X doesn't suit the car. It needs that deeper tone especially on a GT/S. Too Ferrari sounding and that's never a good thing.

Kyle4200

Yeah the X-Pipe ever so slightly reminds me of a F355, a couple of thousand RPM off full chat.

CatmanV2

I was progressing down the A414 last night with some gusto and valve akimbo. I'm not so sure as even at some speed, in a mid gear (say 4th) you can almost hear the individual pulses (at least on mine). I am still tempted to try an x...

C

ANY

Hi ANY,

I can ship to Sweden, the only issue will be cost of shipping as they're a big heavy item. Best quote I've had so far is about £50 for a 3+ day economy service.. let me know if that is acceptable or not.

Cheers

Mark

Perfect, if it is £300 + 50 that absolutely sounds reasonable. I'm on :)

mchristyuk

For me the X doesn't suit the car. It needs that deeper tone especially on a GT/S. Too Ferrari sounding and that's never a good thing.

See I feel the exact opposite. The H just sounds too gruff for my liking and doesn't suit the elegance of the cars. But hey, the world would be boring if we all liked the same things? :)

Mark

mchristyuk

Perfect, if it is £300 + 50 that absolutely sounds reasonable. I'm on :)

Ok. I'll start a little list up here.. so far I think we have..

ANY
Kyle4200

I'd like to get to at least 3 names to make it worth while, then I'll wonder down to the garage and get an estimate on time.

Cheers

Mark

Kyle4200

Ok. I'll start a little list up here.. so far I think we have..

ANY
Kyle4200

I'd like to get to at least 3 names to make it worth while, then I'll wonder down to the garage and get an estimate on time.

Cheers

Mark

Any other takers on some straight through's?

Spartacus

3 hours of swearing doing things twice on one one side , and an hour to do the other . You ll need a trolley jack , a socket set , a tourqe set and a crow bar .Oh and some goggles if you dont want rust inyour eyes .

- Jack the car at the rear of the side you are working on after having removed the rear wheel and the rear undertray .

- Unscrew the wheel arch liner just enough to get a socket through to the side rear box nuts .

- Undo all the nuts on the exhaust box and remove all the hangers/rubbers and their mounts from the underside of the boot floor .

- Unbolt the exhaust clamp and get wiggling . Use a crow bar to leaver the next straight section downwards to give you enough room to slide the rear box up and off .

- remove the rubber s from the mounts

-Slide the rubbers and mount onto the new exhaust . Line it up in the whole and check that it sits correctly .( you may need to bend the hangers slightly )

-Slide the new box onto its mating pipe using exhaust paste to seal .

-Rebolt the mounts to the underside of the boot floor with the new exhaust attached . ( you cant slide the new boxes into the mounts when they are attached to the car )

- Tighten up the exhaust clamps and refit everything .

_ Prepare to have an argument with your neighbours ;P

Last edited:

mchristyuk

I had to pop up to Tonbridge today and my passenger handily saw the bridge coming as I nailed the throttle under it.. so updated my video a little at the end :)

[video=youtube;u2hpg74IYP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hpg74IYP4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

RSM Masser

I had to pop up to Tonbridge today and my passenger handily saw the bridge coming as I nailed the throttle under it.. so updated my video a little at the end :)

[video=youtube;u2hpg74IYP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hpg74IYP4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Love the 'Dick Dastardly and Mutley' impressions!

Kyle4200

Hi Josh,

Yes the offer is open. You're the only one showing an interest at the moment though!

All you other lurkers. If there's anybody that wants a set of straight through exhausts for your 4200 for £299 + shipping (£30ish) then speak now..!

Cheers

Mark

Any news on getting these made up Mark?

mchristyuk

Hi Chaps

Sorry, been away visiting family so only just catching up.

Yes deal is still on. I make it 3 sets wanted now?

I will go down and see the garage this week and get an idea of when they can make them up, and therefore when they want my car in. I'll PM the 3 interested parties once I have a timeline.

Cheers

Mark

Kyle4200

I've taken up Mav's offer on the spare set he had, so if anyone else wants a new set speak now.

mchristyuk

Ok everyone..

The garage is booked to make 3 sets of exhausts next Wednesday. Looks like Kyle is out, so there is one spare set up for grabs currently.

Price is £299 + Shipping.

I will be going to Horsham Italia meet on Easter Monday so can take them there if anybody wants to collect.

Will PM ANY and Corranga now..

Cheers

Mark