Clearing the service light?

CatmanV2

Resetting the counter is one thing but there is zero chance he'll be able to alter the service record in the memory of the NQS.

That's possibly enough for this. It probably would be for me, as warning lights drive me nuts :) It seems perfectly fair that the record in the NQS can't be written as you say, Voicey, if it's a service record.

C

agrassick

As you probably expected he was unable to reset the service light so for now I have set the date back as suggested and this has put the light out. I will have to book it in for an oil and filter change £350+vat does that sound reasonable from Highline Autos to have the service light turned off properly.

Thought I was able to save some money then :) but it is a maserati so I should have guessed........

Clutch is next on the agenda and this I know will have to go into a garage to be done properly. Thanks for all your help.

voicey

Just make sure they can turn the light off before doing anything else. If it's the same place I'm thinking of they use an ST5 which although it is a good aftermarket diag it may not be able to do what you want. The last thing you want is to pay for an oil change (that you don't need) and not get the light cleared.

May I ask why you don't simply take it back to the place that serviced it and make turning the light off their problem?

agrassick

I service the car myself I have a couple of testers but none seem to be able to turn the light off.

I have an Autel a good high end diagnostic machine but it does not turn the service light off. I have seen one other tester that claims it can turn the service indicator off OBDSTAR but it comes from china so I am not certain if it will work.

spkennyuk

As you probably expected he was unable to reset the service light so for now I have set the date back as suggested and this has put the light out. I will have to book it in for an oil and filter change £350+vat does that sound reasonable from Highline Autos to have the service light turned off properly.

Thought I was able to save some money then :) but it is a maserati so I should have guessed........

Clutch is next on the agenda and this I know will have to go into a garage to be done properly. Thanks for all your help.

Remember to change the date back as well before you take it in to have the service light reset otherwise it will come back on again as soon as you enter the correct year / date.

agrassick

Remember to change the date back as well before you take it in to have the service light reset otherwise it will come back on again as soon as you enter the correct year / date.

Yes of course thanks for the reminder I could have been back here quicker than I thought :frusty6:

agrassick

I have an update on the service light/spanner reset. I found a diagnostic tester online call OBDSTAR X-200 its an OBD reader, Service Light Reset and Electronic Handbrake diagnostic unit. They come from China and cost £179. The company stated it would reset the Maserati service Spanner and milage and if it didn't they would give me a full refund.

So I took the plunge and bought it, today it came and I tried it on my 2007 Quattroporte and it has reset the mileage to 12499 and days to 365 and the service Spanner in the dashboard no longer appears. Well worth the money it has paid for itself already as the only other option was an oil and filter change at an independent for £420.

The web site is www.OBDStarTool.com hope it helps.

jemgee

Be interested to learn what other functions it can diagnose eg parking sensor failure etc. I have a friend locally with anothe 06 QP and it might be worth considering a sharing arrangement for the number of times I hopefully don't need it. It could be couriered by Hermes for only a few pounds each time. Anyone else interested?

Jkulin

Andy, I can't find that model on their page, can you give us a link to the page itself?

agrassick

Sorry for not replying earlier but I see it's already been posted. The one I bought resets the oils service indicator, reads the error codes and does something with the electronic parking brake. Mine has a standard manual handbrake so i've not been able to test it but the other parts work perfectly.