Question of the day

Navcorr

Mercury would be a health and safety nightmare. The vapour is toxic thats before some numpty starts playing with it.

Please accept a bonus point for clarity of answer and exceptional use of the word "numpty" :happy: I have found myself using it quite a lot recently.

GeoffCapes

What links these capital cities ?

Copenhagen
Kabul
Bogota
Ankara
Mexico City

Can I call foul?

I remember watching something on the clean up of the Ankara river a few years ago. They said it was so badly polluted they couldn't call it a river any more.
Having googled, I was correct.

Kabul certainly has a river. We've seen enough news reports of the Taliban dumping bodies in it during the war there.

:hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:

Navcorr

On the outdoor courts in Chicago we played "no blood no foul". But this isn't BB and foul has been called. QM to arbitrate? I thought you were probably right with your first answer anyway.

zagatoes30

Can I call foul?

I remember watching something on the clean up of the Ankara river a few years ago. They said it was so badly polluted they couldn't call it a river any more.
Having googled, I was correct.

Kabul certainly has a river. We've seen enough news reports of the Taliban dumping bodies in it during the war there.

:hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:

You can call all you like but QM decision final

Ankara - Because of long time exposure to sewage and industrial pollutants, it is no longer viable as a water source
Kabul - Kabul River is little more than a trickle for most of the year

Neither are by any definition other than description are a river

spkennyuk

Really useless fact for you now.

A nearest to the correct year wins.

When was the last time that elephants were used in battle ?

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
1916 in the battle of Verdun. They were used to transport equipment to the front. They might also have been used in 1944 by General Slim in the Burma campaign.

spkennyuk

No not Rwanda. Nearest year is the answer im looking for. It was between 1960 and 2007 which were Andyk and MlC's guesses.