Sportstars in the Park, Newby Hall 2017

MrMickS

cant believe it just looked at dates for my footie clubs last game of the season same day as newby if it wasn't such a important game I would be at newby, we need to beat Fulham hope to meet you all another time apologies dave, looking at going to Brooklands now long haul but worth it

That's a shame. See you at Brooklands.

sheffield chris

As everyone is going to be arriving through the same entrance and the issues that this caused last year I'm going to suggest aiming to get to Newby a bit earlier this year. With that in mind I propose that we meet at Wetherby Services, and struggle over the speed bumps, for 8:30 with a view to leaving at 8:45. That should get us to Newby by 9:15 or so which is well before the general public are due.

I can be at wetherby services for 8.30am
if that's the plan ?

MrMickS

Update and timings:

Currently attending:

1. MrMickS - Ghibli S
2. Mjheathcote - 4200
3. Atreyu - 4200
4. Sheffield Chris - 4200
5. ChrisN - Spyder
6. Corridore - 4200 GT
7. mikem - 4200 CC

Avoiding because they've prioritised Wendyball over petrol ;) :

1. Doohicky
2. sospanbach

Honorable mentions:

1. D Walker for raising the possibility of cycling to a car event.
2. FF1078 attending with LSM

The plan is to have a meet up at Wetherby services at 8:30 so that we can leave in convoy at 8:45 or so. It'll help them park us if we arrive together, though I'm sure that we'll get sorted either way. I do have the SM banner and will set that up so hopefully you can be directed to it.

mikem

We are coming down the A1 from the North. Can anyone suggest a point that we could join the convoy nearer to Newby Hall other than Weatherby services.

MrMickS

We are coming down the A1 from the North. Can anyone suggest a point that we could join the convoy nearer to Newby Hall other than Weatherby services.

We will leave the A1(M) at Boroughbridge then take the A168 parallel with the A1 before crossing the A1 on the B6265.

There is a lay-by on the northbound A168 not far from the B6265 junction. You could wait there and tag along when we get there. I'd reckon we'll get there a little after 9 if everything else is on time.

FF1078

Not with LSM anymore
Got banned from there over a year ago when I asked the organiser of the group why he only managed to give £2000 to charity when he set up "The Dream Car Event".
He seemd to take offence.
We drivers all gave our time, cars,petrol and tyres for free and he only managed to give such a small amount to charity, BUT he did manage to go to New York first class very soon after the event.

Got my back right up. Fair enough he needed something for his time but he just took the p!ss

hoyin

Not with LSM anymore
Got banned from there over a year ago when I asked the organiser of the group why he only managed to give £2000 to charity when he set up "The Dream Car Event".
We drivers all gave our time, cars,petrol and tyres for free and he only managed to give such a small amount to charity, BUT he did manage to go to New York first class very soon after the event.

Got my back right up. Fair enough he needed something for his time but he just took the p!ss

W&nker. Well done for taking a stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Not with LSM anymore

I'm with LSM, however never managed to make one last year with one thing or another.
Surely regarding the 'Dream Car Event' it can't be a case of all donations received goes into one pocket, and he decides what money comes out of the other to the charity?

Corridore

Thanks for getting us all co-ordinated MrMickS.

See you all at wetherby services at 8.30.

(Just how bad are the speed bumps?)

MrMickS

Thanks for getting us all co-ordinated MrMickS.

See you all at wetherby services at 8.30.

(Just how bad are the speed bumps?)

Very. Need to take them at angles to avoid scrapes.

We have a second meeting spot on the way at the lay-by on the A168 if anyone doesn't want to risk the speed bumps.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I'm with LSM, however never managed to make one last year with one thing or another.
Surely regarding the 'Dream Car Event' it can't be a case of all donations received goes into one pocket, and he decides what money comes out of the other to the charity?

There might be a reason why it doesn't appear to be happening again this year. I'm still with LSM but haven't managed to make any meets so far this year.

I'll rock up at Wetherby and you can all laugh at me negotiating the speed bumps. I'll come up the A1 with you and then keep heading north.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Morning, see you at the services.
Family giving it a miss this time, after being outside yesterday at various events, and however nice Newby Hall is to visit, they have decided the weather is too cold for a second day to be outside!

MrMickS

Looks like it'll be warmer at Newby than at home today. Still getting over this cold so will probably disappear shortly after lunchtime.

See you all at Wetherby shortly.

MrMickS

Have a great day peeps, was the last outing in my old car last year!

I remember it well Newton.

The weather wasn't a patch on last year.

IMG_7863.jpg

Good fun though with some interesting cars. Especially fun watching the Lambos negotiating driving across a lumpy grass field. Are those splitters on the front supposed to be used to cut grass?

One minor annoyance was the Arbath 500 4 wheeled stereo. I think the bass shook my fillings loose.

sospanbach

ye weather last year mick was glorious wish I had gone now football was **** glad I got Brooklands in, am hoping to get to the event the start of june run by the alfa Yorkshire section at newby Italian car and bike extravaganza regards dave

MrMickS

ye weather last year mick was glorious wish I had gone now football was **** glad I got Brooklands in, am hoping to get to the event the start of june run by the alfa Yorkshire section at newby Italian car and bike extravaganza regards dave

I'm going to give that one a miss this year. I'll be in the West Country and its a long way back for the day ;)