Another car to sit alongside the GTS

Andyk

I drove the 12c Spider and it handled like a dream.....McLaren for me everyday......7k service or not as if I could afford to buy one I would probably be able to afford to service it....but will probably never have that delema.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I drove the 12c Spider and it handled like a dream.....McLaren for me everyday......7k service or not as if I could afford to buy one I would probably be able to afford to service it....but will probably never have that delema.

I can't rationalise a £7k service on a £120k car. It just doesn't make any sense at all. That car could have Natalie Portman living in the footwell and it STILL wouldn't add up.

Andyk

That is a shed load of money no doubt about it. What the **** do they do for that money......

outrun

I can't rationalise a £7k service on a £120k car. It just doesn't make any sense at all. That car could have Natalie Portman living in the footwell and it STILL wouldn't add up.

If you find me a McLaren with Natalie Portman living in the footwell, I will gladly pay the £7k to service it. She is number 1 on my laminated list of 5. I instantly lose concentration whenever that Dior advert comes on.

Navcorr

If you find me a McLaren with Natalie Portman living in the footwell, I will gladly pay the £7k to service it. She is number 1 on my laminated list of 5. I instantly lose concentration whenever that Dior advert comes on.

For £7K she'd have to thrown in massaging my nether regions with a warm wet shammy leather.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
The 458 is hands down the best car I have ever owned! The handling is unreal and after fitting a remote exhaust valve I never missed the sound of my MC shift! Furthermore it has appreciated around £20k since I bought it around 14 months ago. I had a Hurcan for a while too but it was not as special as the 458 even though it was faster there was something missing and it lacked a true supercar feel (was very Audi!) and was depreciating like a falling brick. I have sold that but am taking delivery of an Avantador S shortly which is really exciting me! The Mclaren's from 650s onwards are great but avoid the 12c. I also had an Aston Martin DB11 which was very disappointing - squeaking brakes, rattles, electrical glitches after 800 miles!

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help.

PS - Lots of people compare the Mclaren 12c to a 458 but in reality it's quicker off the line but absolute garbage in handling. Look at this (and these people can drive!!!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTPdfZ8nqc4&t=189s

To be fair, the spyder was a lot better than the very early coupes and Tiff agreed. Also, apparently 12Cs can be re-programmed with 650S software which makes another big difference.

https://youtu.be/bctiDeQfQZA

mcs

To be fair, the spyder was a lot better than the very early coupes and Tiff agreed. Also, apparently 12Cs can be re-programmed with 650S software which makes another big difference.

https://youtu.be/bctiDeQfQZA

Yes but with a decent spyder costing around £140k I'd rather have the 458 coupe as it is a much better car. Don't get me wrong the 650s onwards are fantastic but the 12c was not a good enough attempt. The 570s is a fantastic car and I had one for a weekend the bang for buck is just amazing and with an entry level 540c at £120k I think it's bloody fantastic and Mclaren have a very bright future ahead!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but with a decent spyder costing around £140k I'd rather have the 458 coupe as it is a much better car. Don't get me wrong the 650s onwards are fantastic but the 12c was not a good enough attempt. The 570s is a fantastic car and I had one for a weekend the bang for buck is just amazing and with an entry level 540c at £120k I think it's bloody fantastic and Mclaren have a very bright future ahead!

I'm inclined to agree. The 12C I'd want is 458 money, and 458s have things like warranty, free servicing for 7 years and have a good network of indies for sensibly priced repairs. I'd be financially terrified of a 12C, which is a real shame. Oh, and Fezzas sound better.