2017 The Road to Le Mans

zagatoes30

Where's the pool??

The SELOC took one a few years ago, a great big thing. It was one of the hot years and they were winding the rest of the campsite up about how cool they were. That evening the Dutch came along and removed most of the supports. The first person to jump in the next morning caused they whole lot to collapse and a mini tidal wave ran down the site. Fortunately we were above it, after that I think they were banned there are a few paddling pools that are used as grudges but that is about it.

midlifecrisis

There was a pool at the Snetterton superbikes one year, it was full of beer cans as it made the perfect cooler under a gazebo

Zep

If we all get down there with the same number of wheels as we had when we left the UK it'll be an improvement over last year.

Your car seems to be missing a few wheels from what I saw today
03cb76258c0bb3f2dcfd39bc6ccfeb04.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
No orange wheels, dammit! They wouldn't let me swap for the 599, sadly. I saw yours outside, Zep, looking good.

Great team there. I was really impressed. It's now my local.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
That car is gorgeous. Even the bonnet struts are beautifully engineered:

IMG_2412.jpg

PS - apparently upside down.

conaero

Forum Owner
Well, we have broken the 40 day barrier now, when we break the 30 the prep begins.

Not going to do a machine cut but am going to do a clay bar (its been in the packet for 10 months now unopened) machine polish with AG Super Resin, then a couple of coats of AG HD or Harleys (or both) then Demon Shine to finish.

Not much else to report other than the final list went off to Brittany ferries on Monday with all the final passenger, car and DOB details, I should get tickets in the post soon.

I am off to Rhodes on family holiday in 2 weeks so Ill spend that time by the pool, quaffin' fizz and writing the programme/guide/itinerary.

The only thing I have not heard from is the lunch stop in Cherbourg on day one. Ill give them a chase and if still no joy we can forget it and just get straight down to Fougeres and prepare for the France vs England match (hick) or find somewhere enroute for a refreshment stop.

Its madness how quick it comes round each year!

hoyin

****. You do not want to see the inside of my car!!!!!

It would make a grown man weep.

Dunno if I can be bothered to clean it. I'll let Dave do it on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conaero

Forum Owner
Don't bother Hoyin, the GS carpet ends up looking like the floor in a French bakery with a load of orange Le Mans sand and grass thrown in for good measure!

hoyin

Don't bother Hoyin, the GS carpet ends up looking like the floor in a French bakery with a load of orange Le Mans sand and grass thrown in for good measure!

Not just carpets. The seats. The crevices. The baby seat. I think at one point she sneezed with food in her mouth ....

Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebenezer

Yes young children can dissipate mess / yuck all over the place. When my daughter was young she managed to projectile vomit from the back seat onto the dashboard. I think we were on our way to a wedding at the time... mmmmm
Eb

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Stu was on the point of throwing up when I took him for a gentle drive in the spyder. It must have been something he ate!

conaero

Forum Owner
Just a heads up for any newbies, the regulars all run the Sanif Peage toll pass, its saves hours of queuing.

Not sure if we will be taking many Peage roads this year but its well worth the £5 to get one.

The cost of the tolls are no cheaper just saves the queuing as you can take the fast lane. If you have used the Tunnel recently you can get a discount with your booking ref too.

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk

midlifecrisis

will our Sanif tags still work this year ? or do we have to reactivate them ?

They should all work, SANEF charge you an annual fee subscription. As for radio's mines in the boot, but as a precaution I'll give it a discharge then recharge.

Meeting up at Mick's Monster Burgers in the morning?