F1

BJL

You just might see the council estate oik joining Ferrari some day soon when old man Kimi (he who couldn't even overtake a Red Bull with 80hp less and with DRS) retires hopefully at the end at the season..

Dave

Blimey, that's a point. Can't see Mecedes putting up with tantrums much longer.

StuartW

Let's face it, they'll all divas, no doubt they all have tantrums, they are massively overpaid and they should all be laughing their ar5e5 off 24/7. If they stepped back a minute and took a look at the lives they have and how they will have set up their families for generations to come, I think they should be reasonably happy with how far their undoubted talents have brought them.

BJL

The look on Toto's face when Valltieri won spoke volumes to me. It said loud and clear 'thank god, now we can dump the petulant little bling boy if he becomes too difficult'. Well that's how I saw it anyway.

Well done Ferrari.

MrMickS

The look on Toto's face when Valltieri won spoke volumes to me. It said loud and clear 'thank god, now we can dump the petulant little bling boy if he becomes too difficult'. Well that's how I saw it anyway.

Well done Ferrari.

I thought that too. Its going to make the rest of the season interesting if Bottas can keep performing at this level. Yesterday certainly justified the deal with William to get him in the Mercedes car.

Its great to see Ferrari competing again. I don't understand the criticism of Kimi from the earlier races either, he's usually a slow starter with a new car. It takes him a little while to get to grips with it. He certainly looked like he's got the car working as he wants it now. Also nice to see him not be happy with 3rd :)

zagatoes30

Not the most exciting race but good to see Bottas has now got a grip on the car although I still maintain any of the top drivers would win in the Merc. Good to see real opposition if Ferrari but the wider cars do seem to be making overtaking even more difficult which is a shame.

outrun

I love F1 however it's clear to me that they need to continue looking at the rule book and bringing the teams closer together. Everyone is excited because the red cars are better this year, that still did not lead to an overtake or any sort of high level skills. In fact, there was NO overtakes in the entire race. From anyone. Usually we see Max and Danny Ric getting in about it but the power differential to Merc and Ferrari hurts them at Sochi. It was nice to see Bottas win, he's always seemed to be one of the better drivers but I agree with Zag in that there are 10 drivers on the grid that should win races in the fastest car. Jenson Button proved this beyond reproach at Brawn. Done nothing since. Rosberg chucked it for the same reasons. Only way was down.

Maybe they should look at an NFL style draft system where the teams pick their drivers from a pool of 30 or so in reverse order, based on last season. That would see Hamilton, Vettel, Riciardo, Verstappen etc in the Haas (who I love :) ), Sauber, McLaren and crazy guys like Palmer and Kvyat get into the Ferraris.

midlifecrisis

Not quite F1 but my Mrs got this email from her boss's boss' boss's boss.

Subject: Indy 500 – Great Job

The idea for running a car in the Indy 500 was born seven weeks before the race. In that time we planned and activated all the elements involved with entering a car in the biggest sporting event in the motorsports calendar. Just to make things a little spicier in the run up, add two weeks of testing, the qualifying weekend, the Bahrain and Barcelona Grand Prix and throw in the spectacle that is Monaco for fun on the same weekend!

Despite all this added friction, there was a papaya orange car which qualified in the second row and led the group of 33 for 27 laps, with a strong chance of victory - spectacular and a special moment in our history. We also reminded ourselves that we thrive in the heat of battle – quite literally sometimes – and that no matter where or when, we are all racers at heart and wow does that make us feel alive!

The Indy project has been incredibly smooth and more importantly commercially hugely valuable for the Company and that is down to the teamwork and talent of all those many people involved. The collaboration with Andretti Autosports could not have been better and it was fantastic to see every company under the McLaren banner working together to achieve great performance on track and spark great excitement in McLaren from our partners, prospects and media off the track.

Thank you sincerely to those involved and those working so ******* other projects. Huge praise goes to Fernando for a phenomenal 'Rookie year' and for keeping us on the edge of our seats on Sunday, let's hope we can give him the chance to deliver the Triple Crown in years to come!

In February we said that we believed that it is possible to work hard and have fun and say thanks. We hope that you now believe that too.

Did we make something special happen and set a new agenda this weekend? Yes, we did! We should all take a moment to be satisfied about that and proud of what has been achieved.

Cheers,

Zak and Jonathan

If you note the underlined bit, McLaren will be returning to Le Mans and to get the overall win they must go for the LMP1 category.

Kookaburra

Tell you what, Monaco might have been a wee bit processional but it was great to see an Italian 1-2 finish from Ferrari. This season is getting quite interesting now...
Can't wait to make the trip over to Austin in October to watch the US race... just had to get that in.

MrMickS

Tell you what, Monaco might have been a wee bit processional but it was great to see an Italian 1-2 finish from Ferrari. This season is getting quite interesting now...
Can't wait to make the trip over to Austin in October to watch the US race... just had to get that in.

I'm really looking forward to the atmosphere amongst the Tifosi at Monza should the season continue like this.

sospanbach

went last year to Monza we came third and the place lit up it will explode if we win that one, cant go this year but I,ll be there in spirit forza Ferrari c,mon kimi

Andyk

Shame the wrong driver won though.....So wanted Kimi to win...You could how ****** off he was.

midlifecrisis

Ferrari are clearly using team orders, they've always done it. I remember that Eddie Irvine was number two for the majority of the early season till Schumacher missed the mid season through injury. Eddie only missed out the championship by 2 points but even in the last race they could have given Eddie another second place if Schumacher had dropped his spot. Eddie wouldn't have won the championship but at least level on points. The authorities won't say anything because it's Ferrari.

MrMickS

Unless Kimi was deliberately going slowly before the pit stop I don't see this as being team orders. Kimi seemed to be struggling with tyres and had slowed everyone down so much that Bottas was closing on Vettel. The tyres seemed to come back to both Vettel and Ricciardo and that's what caused the position changes. Unless of course Kimi had been told to drive 2s a lap slower than the car was capable of...

sospanbach

you hit the nail on the head mick kimi,s own fault he knew seb was staying out should have gone faster to maintain the lead but vettel is no 1 he will always be favoured