Question of the day

Navcorr

No not Rwanda. Nearest year is the answer im looking for. It was between 1960 and 2007 which were Andyk and MlC's guesses.

Oh yes, but, the sheer number of casualties. Can't be too many wars on that scale with the possibility of elephants involved. The particular conflict should narrow down the year - at least that was my thinking.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
The only war during that period that had that number of deaths was the Iran - Iraq dust up in the 80s which lasted several years. Can't see where they got elephants from in the desert though!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
A nice easy one; we've all heard of the Lancaster bomber, but which aircraft did it evolve from and who designed them both?

conaero

Forum Owner
I know it's the Manchester Bomber, I had wall paper as a lad on my bedroom wall.

Who designed them, that will be for another member to answer....no Googling now!

A wild guess....Mitchel???

zagatoes30

Have we not had this one before?

The fore runner was the Avro Manchester and both were designed by Roy Chadwick I believe

conaero

Forum Owner
Ok here is one for you, which make and model of car holds the world record for replacing the engine. That's both removal and refitting.

Part 2 of this question once the car is identified is the time it took.

No Googling!

CatmanV2

Oh god. Wasn't this something like a Mini and they did it in less than an hour or similar? It was on a thread on here I suspect

C

conaero

Forum Owner
I was wondering which one of you would state the obvious 'Beetle' which it was not.

Not a mini either.

Navcorr

Ok here is one for you, which make and model of car holds the world record for replacing the engine. That's both removal and refitting.

Part 2 of this question once the car is identified is the time it took.

No Googling!

We're all assuming the fastest. I'd just like to rule out the laziest ba*tards in the history of everything, in Luton, where I used to take my Alfas. :)