The good morning thread

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
A good morning from NYC!
Over for a few days for my 5-0 celebrations, currently still trying to digest the biggest steak, and tastiest, and it has to be said, most expensive I have ever had! In a few hours seeing New York from sea level, in a rib, max number of passengers... 6!

CatmanV2

I just use a big drying cloth. Mrs Crud would likely have me committed if she saw me blow-drying my car.

The amount of tree pollen and airborne shite isn't *quite* bad enough to be an issue, I'd guess.

This is what I do, but there's always a lip or something. Today it was the chrome trims at the base of the windows. *sigh*

Not even sure a blower would be able to deal with that, although I'd expect the mirrors to be less of an issue. I think the neighbours think I'm bonkers already. After last month when I washed it twice in two days.......

C

safrane

Still not too bad C... I often wash and wax the car... go out for the day then return and wash after a day driving. .. yes the non car loving neighbours think I daft after they use the local Kosovan Car Wash... but still ask how I mange to keep the paint so shiny. .. buy not using dirty water, filthy sponges, crappy rags and acid to clean the car like they do at the car wash you have just come from ( in you swirl ridden cars)

Ebenezer

Does waxing several time increase the layers (aqnd hencse improve appearance) or does washing remove the wax already there?
Quite enjoyed the waxing part as the stuff I used coulod be left on until the whole car was done, and then you buff off the whole thing. the polish was a pita having to buf as you went.
Need an excuse to use my DA polisher again since it cost an arm and a leg.... However, cheap compared to getting it done professionally (although to be fair, I'm sure they would have made the car look even better)
Eb

CatmanV2

Still not too bad C... I often wash and wax the car... go out for the day then return and wash after a day driving. .. yes the non car loving neighbours think I daft after they use the local Kosovan Car Wash... but still ask how I mange to keep the paint so shiny. .. buy not using dirty water, filthy sponges, crappy rags and acid to clean the car like they do at the car wash you have just come from ( in you swirl ridden cars)

OK twice in one day is utter madness :)

C

CatmanV2

Does waxing several time increase the layers (aqnd hencse improve appearance) or does washing remove the wax already there?
Quite enjoyed the waxing part as the stuff I used coulod be left on until the whole car was done, and then you buff off the whole thing. the polish was a pita having to buf as you went.
Need an excuse to use my DA polisher again since it cost an arm and a leg.... However, cheap compared to getting it done professionally (although to be fair, I'm sure they would have made the car look even better)
Eb

I don't think you get more layers. My understanding is that wax fills in the imperfections making the surface shinier. Then adding more won't do a whole load (if you've filled everything, if you see what I mean)

Wax seems to come off when washed. At least some of it. I suspect there's some still on there, so it may be building up
<shrug>

C

safrane

Us a PH nutural shampoo and avoid things like trafic film remover ( very harsh chemicals ) and snowfoam as these can strip wax protection far quicker than softer cleaning agents.

Remember the water and suds are there to keep the dirt in suspension until you rinse it off.

I have seen some use acid wheel cleaner on theirs cars...this will etche into the paint of wheels and bodywork if left for more than a few seconds.

safrane

...and just like decorating...its all about the preparation . Get that wrong and you ade wasting your time.

2b1ask1

Special case
Dinner tonight will be a medley of eggs... Go on then guess what they are?

IMG_8208.jpg

The smallest is chicken!