3200 TB & Pedal Pot

Lusso916

Hi Davy, posted this before but in wrong section. Do you have the throttle body replacement is stock, if so what's the procedure for getting one.

Thanks Robert.

davy83

I have thought about it but unfortunately do not do anything with the TB, i only have a replacement pedal sensor. and i only have one left, so i will need go make some more :) Life has been busy.
Hi davy, do you have any TB in stock for a 3200. Mines starting to rev.

highlander

I have thought about it but unfortunately do not do anything with the TB, i only have a replacement pedal sensor. and i only have one left, so i will need go make some more :) Life has been busy.
Get your priorities in order Davy......l ;)

rs48635

anyone tried this modification for TB?
[FONT=Verdana !important]

[/FONT]

ebay 152038317994

CONTACTLESS ETM THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR + REPLACEMENT CAP MASERATI

Last edited:

TTP

Banned

Do you make them yourself Davy? That's pretty cool.

Robbe

Can anybody help with these symptoms?
- idle is hunting between 1000 and 1200
- instead of a throttle pedal, it behaves like it has an on or off gas switch...
- throttle reset procedure does not make a difference
- Throttle Body looks to have been replaced by a contact less one, with the replacement cap (have not opened it too look inside)
- no CEL, no limp mode...so I guess no codes either

So is it the Pedal Position Sensor then? I am not sure...
Because what I read was that a worn out TPS would cause CEL , Limp mode and no throttle, and mine does not have all that...
So the TB, despite of the fact that it appears to have a contactless TB? No invoices about that with the car, and the PO bought it in Switzerland, so nowhere to check or ask....

Contigo

Sponsor
Check for air leaks around the plenum if it is hunting at idle, there are rubber o rings which can fail. The other thing is the air con pressure switch which too can fail and cause issues with erratic idling.

You could disconnect the pedal pot from the car (white connector under the dash) and what this does is it puts the car into a preset rev limit controlled by the ECU and not the pedal voltage. That will at least tell you whether the fluctuations are related to the Pedal Pot.

Assetto 52

As Phil says, mine hunted i thought the worst then replaced the O rings on the plenum problem solved.

davy83

i had my TB done by these guys many years ago and its been first class ever since. I think its a good upgrade and reasonably priced too.

tappets

Does it settle down once warmed up and has it just started doing it out of the blue?

Ian3200

contactless TB and new pedal pot... still get intermittent rising revs (up to 4000rpm before I turn the ignition off to save it going through the roof)... randomly... exasperating... and people are keeping Mike too busy to look at it! anyone any more ideas... all good to hear... better still anyone in the south of England that can wave a magic wand, please stand up!

davy83

how about the engine speed sensor on the crank, is it possible that's gone south and so the ECU has no way of knowing what the engine speed is? It could also be poor wiring possibly, bad grounding, causing drifting voltages on the pedal pot or the TB. Have you tried just pulling the pedal sensor connector out and plugging it back in a few times in case its a bad contact, possibly the same on the TB connector in the engine bay, plug it in and out a few times. I would also inspect these for corroded or bent pins too in case some thing is wrong with the connectors.

tipo

Sponsor
Wow! the amount of time that Throttle bodies have been the subject of conversation, and that I am sure throw guys in the wrong direction sometimes. The biggest plug is the contactless potentiometer, this fault is in my experience only 3% of the problems. I have refurbished so far 464 throttle bodies and yes the first 40 told me what the problems are. I fit contactless to all of mine because I am asked to, but it is not that much of an upgrade as at 3% failure is not bad. I rarely find time to converse on the forum but would like to just pass these comments. I am David Askew. The other thing is if you all fit turbo gauges, I am not plugging mine, mine are expensive anyway, but this added information may help in determining other faults when trying to assess problems.

StuartW

Wow! the amount of time that Throttle bodies have been the subject of conversation, and that I am sure throw guys in the wrong direction sometimes. The biggest plug is the contactless potentiometer, this fault is in my experience only 3% of the problems. I have refurbished so far 464 throttle bodies and yes the first 40 told me what the problems are. I fit contactless to all of mine because I am asked to, but it is not that much of an upgrade as at 3% failure is not bad. I rarely find time to converse on the forum but would like to just pass these comments. I am David Askew. The other thing is if you all fit turbo gauges, I am not plugging mine, mine are expensive anyway, but this added information may help in determining other faults when trying to assess problems.

Good to hear from you David and the TB you fitted to 'your' AC that I had from you was faultless - I hope you're keeping well

Frog3200

Hi all,
I just fitted the contactless pedal pot today and reset the min and max values (maserati procedure). 1st time, ignition fine, idle fine but no response on the pedal. 2nd time, idle at 3000 rpm and a pedal response but can't stop the reving.... 3rd time idle at 2500 and reving.. Please don't tell me I have to take the pedal pot off.. It is very well manufactured, piece of art, but pain in the a.. to fit ! Although this has nothing to do with Davy but more with the car's architecture..
Thanks for your ideas, I will dive back in next saturday... 1st thing will be to check the calibration of the pot ? It means I have to move the plug as when fitted it's impossible to see the colors right ?