Question of the day

Navcorr

Over to you Navcorr, you were first out of the blocks

Why thank you! Keegan was the more obvious/easier of the two though.

Sticking with football - who is the only English recipient of the European Golden Boot? Apparently Golden Shoe now ffs.

For an extra piece of half-time orange in what way is he connected to the previous question - albeit a bit of stretch really. Related to one of his goals.

zagatoes30

I think I know this, not one of the most obvious English footballers if I remember correctly but as I am off to Le Mans today will let some one else answer

spkennyuk

I know sod all about football being a stockport county follower. I would have guessed at linekar but am told its some electrical company by my phone a friend.

Navcorr

Good evening SPK - God Bless You :)
This had all the looks of turning into Q. of the Week!
Not Lineker - although a perfectly reasonable guess.
Nor Owen, nor Fowler nor Shearer and definitely not spud head.
As per Zag above he was not one of the more well know strikers.

spkennyuk

Le mans is interupting the QOD thread.
So here are a few clues assuming my phone a friend was correct for anyone not in Le Mans. Electrical company ,light bulbs and a member of the royal family (prince) share the name your looking for.

Navcorr

We have a winner - one chicken dinner on its way to S.Lincolnshire. Sorry SPK - phone a friend was as good as Googling :smile:

No one care to guess the second part? It was a stretch - Keegan's successor at Newcastle, Gullit, was sacked following a 2-1 loss to Sunderland.
Phillips scored the winner. The game was better known though for Gullit's decision, in desperate need of a win, to leave Shearer on the bench.

Over to you StuartW.

Edit: May I also point out the equally super Ally "Coisty" Murdock McCoist won the award twice.
Does this mean he was twice as good as any English striker - or were Scottish keepers twice as bad??
Answers to be carefully handed to Alan Rough who will no doubt promptly drop them :D

Last edited:

StuartW

Leaving footie behind for a little bit and onto dog breeding - that sounds like a link from The One Show - my apologies

What is the most successful breed of dog to win best in show at Crufts? It is surprisingly few for a show that has been going for so long, but this breed's number of wins is streets ahead of the breed in second place

CatmanV2

I assume you mean 'which breed has one best of show at crufts the most times'?

In which case, no idea, so I'll start the guessing with some variant of a Collie

C

StuartW

Cocker Spaniel?

We have a winner - well done sir. There have been 7 Cocker Spaniels that have won Crufts best in show, the next most successful breeds are Irish Setters, Standard Poodles & Welsh Terriers which are all tied on 4 wins.

Over to you Andy

zagatoes30

Ok who was "born" on the 5th August 1957, lives in Hartlepool and hasn't done a days work in his life yet he is still seen regularly by over half a million people?