4200 A/c not switching off!

gerlad

Hi All

I've got a slight variation to the other A/C post in that mine will not switch off.

I went out for a drive last night, got home, reversed onto the drive as normal chocked the wheels (because of **** handbrake) and switched off the aircon. Problem was that it wouldn't turn off. I noticed that when I also tried to increase the fan speed it wouldn't and also by reducing the temp to coldest the blowers speed did not increase when in auto. The temperature controls seem to work as do the step motors controlling distribution. Have checked the fuses and relay (all ok) as per instructions and also powered down last night. Has anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

Gerlad

gerlad

No haven't tried the re-set. Is that detailed in another thread? If not could let me know the process? cheers.

gt86driver

No haven't tried the re-set. Is that detailed in another thread? If not could let me know the process? cheers.
Press both eco & circulation button when Key is at accessory than turn on ignition while still pressing the two buttons when they both blink let go, when stopped blinking reset is done.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

gt86driver

My ac function was ac only up to half blower speed, any more speed/excessive aceleration than it trips..

Than it became only blowing ac from windshield vents.

Than it worked normally, than when I turned it off it was set to auto fan by accident, presto... Back to windscreen vent again..

And now stereo won't work....

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

FIFTY

Could be another heater matrix failure, uncsrew and remove the kick plate and cover to transmission tunnel search for coolant or a soaked wiring loom and as Safrane said check for water ingress in the fusebox. I'm going to get mine fixed next month along with the set of electrical faults it caused on my car

sparkplug155

I have known Alfa GTV's have that problem and they were caused by resistor pack for the blower motor going faulty.