Festival Italia Brand Hatch 13th August 2017

CatmanV2

After a four hour drive back from Devon I couldn't be ars3d to even give the QP a quick wipe with a damp sponge. :)

After Newton's navigation, no one noticed, Mark. You made good time assuming you're home? Was good to see you and the lovely QP again

C

conaero

Forum Owner
Home, showered, coffee, pyjamas, match of the day....heaven.

Massive turn out and very much fun. Good to meet fellow Strad owner Tom, didn't get to meet Prancinghorse, thanks for your efforts.

CatmanV2

Home, showered, coffee, pyjamas, match of the day....heaven.

Massive turn out and very much fun. Good to meet fellow Strad owner Tom, didn't get to meet Prancinghorse, thanks for your efforts.

Did anyone stay for the parade?

C

MarkMas

Chief pedant
CatmanV2;584076]. You made good time assuming you're home? Was good to see you and the lovely QP again

C
Nah, posted from Reading Services. Home now. Glad you were pleased to see the grubby QP again!

CatmanV2

Nah, posted from Reading Services. Home now. Glad you were pleased to see the grubby QP again!

I'm always happy to see a QPV. I cannot believe how much car you get. But Mrs Catman has the 4 door requirement, and you can just imagine what she would look like piloting one.....

C

rockits

Yup, stayed for the parade. Just got back after quick bite on way back. My son is asleep after 2 mins of reading him a bit of EVO! It was a long day.

The parade laps were fantastic & better than I was expecting as thought there wouldn't be many. We did an out lap then were lined up on the grid for 3 parade laps. Was alongside a lovely sounding 430 for a bit.

I was testing a cheap GoPro wanna be so will see if I can get the footage up at some point.

Great day all & super to see you all.

Well done Mav on selling the motor. Good & bad I guess

2b1ask1

Special case
Having just got the shirt off my back I can see how burnt my head/neck are, explains the heat stroke like symptoms I've had this evening!

CatmanV2

Having just got the shirt off my back I can see how burnt my head/neck are, explains the heat stroke like symptoms I've had this evening!

Yeah. Mrs Catman and I are gently glowing here. Combination of sun and wind. Really should have taken some sunblock.

C

conaero

Forum Owner
Forgot to say, on my way back yesterday the A27 through Chichester, the other side of the carriageway what looked like a car had fallen off the top deck of a car transporter, one landing on its roof it was a right old mess!

Luckily I don't think anyone was hurt.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Forgot to say, on my way back yesterday.....

On our way back, at some traffic lights in Bracknell the car in front of us rolled back and would have hit the QP if Mrs MarkMas (who was driving) had not hooted loudly. At the next set of lights that driver rolled back again! Not a crash-for-cash merchant, I think; maybe someone dopey and unused to their giant SUV.

RSM Masser

A great day and sorry I didn't catch up with Paul to thanks for organising

I left about 4ish - it was thinning out a lot, Newton was still cremating sausages and burgers for 10men and MAF was on coffee, the caffeine doing nothing to calm him down.

Needless to say a bit sunkissed on top, must bring a hat - and oh yes a car!

Had a little late in the fiat 124 on the GP circuit, what a cracking little sports car although anyone much bigger than me would feel a bit squashed, 180bhp, rear wheel drive, amazing brakes, and very planted - it will give an MX5 a shout

rockits

The dartford tunnel back through on the way back home was pretty epic. My son was given several thumbs up with lots of windows being wound down!

Would have been a great SM parade through there!! At £2.50 a pop though it could get expensive