Talk me out of a R8 V10

safrane

Speaking to the Maserati brand ambassador yesterday he said that Maserati would go "exclusively" electric in the next 10 years :(

He said he will be hoping to drive for the Maserati Formula E team when announced.

That's it, the company we have known and loved for building thoroughbred race cars are gone.

That would mean that the last sports car from the brand will be the Alfie then... which I suspect will be a cut down version of the Ghibli or on the Alfa platform.

The GT will just be a coupe Ghibli.

Keep what you have now...the end is nigh! !!

bigbob

That would mean that the last sports car from the brand will be the Alfie then... which I suspect will be a cut down version of the Ghibli or on the Alfa platform.

The GT will just be a coupe Ghibli.

Keep what you have now...the end is nigh! !!

Alfieri might be electric or petrol hybrid so the time has already past.

Nothing wrong with a coupe Ghibli as long as it is £50-70k and not £100k. FCA have intentionally taken the brand further downmarket to the point that is overlapping in a confused way with Alfa. Not sure how a replacement GranTurismo fits into that.

I have been thinking of leaving the brand but am struggling to find a replacement car that I like so will probably stay put but for negative reasons not positive ones.

conaero

Forum Owner
Speaking to the Maserati brand ambassador yesterday he said that Maserati would go "exclusively" electric in the next 10 years :(

He said he will be hoping to drive for the Maserati Formula E team when announced.

That's it, the company we have known and loved for building thoroughbred race cars are gone.

This is great news!

I can now plan to keep the Strad for ever, not worry about the mileage and be buried in it!

Now no need to plan for the next car every 2-3 years!!!!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Better buy some wishbones, a clutch and an NIT now then.

Interestingly talking about wishbones and electric cars, when I was recovered on Thursday when the BMW went pop, was talking to the recovery driver and he has had a few Teslas recovered with broken wishbones!!

MrMickS

Is this news and a bad thing? The world is moving to electric whether we like it or not. If Maserati are going to be at the forefront of that with style and handling isn't that something to be celebrated?

What would the fratelli Maserati have done? They used ICE engine because they were the best at the time. Electric promises improved performance and freedom from the Ferrari performance yoke. Doesn't seem all bad to me.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Bollox to that; electric is for starting cars not running them. If it doesn't burn fossil fuel you can shove it up your gaping chuffer. That is all.

Contigo

Sponsor
Bollox to that; electric is for starting cars not running them. If it doesn't burn fossil fuel you can shove it up your gaping chuffer. That is all.

Exactly, at least go to the grave smoking and putting up a fight !

iainw

This is great news!

I can now plan to keep the Strad for ever, not worry about the mileage and be buried in it!

Now no need to plan for the next car every 2-3 years!!!!

That's not an illogical viewpoint Matt. Nothing will top the strad from maserati from now on

rossyl

Buy the Audi R8 V10. It is a great car and it sounds awesome.

I'd be interested to know who as a petrol head doesn't think this video is great.... https://youtu.be/lpB1yR9Sz9Y

That alone is enough of a reason to buy one. A fire breathing, amazing sounding, V10 just behind your head.

I'd be keen to mount a camera in the engine bay, go on a spirited drive and then listen to how it sounds as well as watch how it slightly moves on acceleration and braking on its engine mounts.

Great car!

Andyk

V10 in a car...what's not to like....A dieing breed....Wouldn't even think of talking anyone out of buying one...Far too many great cars to try before we die....Try loads I say.

dem maser

Love them and the sound but I always find the answer is the Giulia

A V6 that does 0-60 in 3.8 secs!! Is that not on par??

christianm

I had the V8 long time ago when it first came out, its the sort of car you will have for a year then tick the box.I think the Maserati is a car you could probably keep forever.

todea20

Would totally agree with that. Are there any lambo owners who can comment on the interior feel or build quality.
The lambos all look so old tech on the interior.

I don't see that as a problem with mine but then i don't drive it everyday. It's old tech but not that old compared with Maserati and it's a 7 years old car.If you want new tech then you need to go for the huracan. The lp560 should be a good quality car if has been maintained properly.The clutch can last 20k-30k miles and it's around 4k for a new one with the main dealer including labour.Had mine for 7 months now and i freakin love it! A new wrap and new exhaust has changed the car completely.
Coming back to topic i would say that you can pick up an r8 v10 for around 60-65k and for that money there's nothing better to buy! For me has to be topless for a better sound of the v10:shy1:resize.jpg