From the Geneva 2006 Press Kit advertised for sale on eBay UK at the moment -

Geneva 2006 Press kit - 4200.jpg

What is with the side vent??
Did it ever make production?
Anyone shed any light on this?

Other photos from the kit

Geneva 2006 Press Kit - GS red.jpgGeneva 2006 Press Kit cover.jpg

hashluck

I believe this was part of the 'Heritage' Option Pack but I would need to check my Price List later. Very rarely specified as it was a lot of money for (some may say slightly questionable) cosmetic add-ons

safrane

Vintage pack;
Ball polished seven spoke wheels
Chrome door pulls
Side Vents
Silver gear and Infotainment surroundings
and silver paddles.

outrun

Only available for a short time. No Fcuking wonder ! Looks like a stick on vent from Halfords.

markp4200

I agree that this is not very tasteful, unlike the beautiful QP vents which should be the signature for MASERATI but only if styled in at the design stage.

davy83

tend to agree they look s&*t, the general idea of a vent might be ok, but just not that one!! and possibly not in that position, not for me.

Navcorr

The vintage idea being to borrow elements of classics from a bygone era. Compared to the vents on the 3500 GT those on the 4200 are quite subtle.

MASERATI 3500 GT%0A.jpg

I rather like them. Imho, the darker car shades work better. Getting dangerously close to Huggy's pimpmobile I think this looks fantastic

Screenshot_20170824-100021.jpg

davy83

That 3500 is some thing else though, wonderful car. i think you are right the vents possibly look better on the darker colours. still not a fan on the 4200 though.

The vintage idea being to borrow elements of classics from a bygone era. Compared to the vents on the 3500 GT those on the 4200 are quite subtle.

View attachment 45047

I rather like them. Imho, the darker car shades work better. Getting dangerously close to Huggy's pimpmobile I think this looks fantastic

View attachment 45048

Andyk

This was a members car that I had for a week....Close up of vent....Didn't look so bad on his black car but they served no purpose as just stuck on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 70

midlifecrisis

Horrible in my opinion, bet they have the quality of Halfords but 10 times the price. Typical of Maserati.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Corranga

I wonder if they'd look better without the side repeater and V8 badge. It makes that portion of the wing very busy for no reason.
Perhaps one integrating the side repeater would look better, but as it stands, those should have remained in the options catalogue.