The First Band You Wen.t To See

Team GCR

First concert for me was Live Aid, my dad was given tickets but didn't want to go so I went with a couple of my friends...... amazing day, will never forget it!

Andyk

So the ones we never saw, for me it would be Prince.

The one I've wanted to see since her first love 17 years ago is Micheal Branch....Shr never tours the UK ....big in the USA but not here....had two tickets to see her at Shephards Bush O2 a week Friday and had a call o say her three UK shows have been cancelled...Gutted as we really looking forward to it.

Navcorr

How about bands we have seen but wished we hadn't.
Spear of Destiny - supporting U2 in '87. Certain I saw some ears bleeding.
GunsnRoses - support at Donnington '88. They were all drunk - wished I was too.
Bad Manners at college - Xmas end of term. They were great but knackered a hamstring doing the can can :)

CatmanV2

David Bowie, oddly. MK Bowl, Serious Moonlight. Really wasn't very good, which is a terrible shame as I'm quite a fan

C

Corranga

Want to see but didn't have the chance...
Loads. Mainly age related.
The 'if I had a time machine' ones would be: Queen, Genesis (Gabriel era, I saw their last UK gig at Twickenham, must have been in 2006/7 I think), Def Leppard.

The ones I wish I hadn't seen:
Most support acts..
James Blunt - backed The Corrs once.
Top of the bill wise, the Kaiser Chiefs - twice, but don't like them.
The first, my girlfriend wanted to see them and I liked the backing acts (Pigeon Detectives and The View). The second was at Carfest 2 years back, so I guess doesn't count.
Plenty I've forgotten.

The ones I missed:
2 stick in my head now.
Stereophonics at Rothes Halls in Glenrothes touring their 2nd album. I loved them at the time, and it would have been my first gig without my parents.
Manic Street Preachers a couple of years back when they toured The Holy Bible anniversary. Gutted to have missed it, didn't find out until a couple of weeks before the gigs.

Ewan

Kiss, in about 1983, when they came to the UK and played without their trademark make-up for the first time. Quickly followed in the mid 80's by Iron Maiden, Slade, Whitesnake, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple before being forced along to see the likes of Imagination, Zig Zig Sputnik (probably spelled incorrectly) and various other 80's electric horrors.

Most recent - Black Star Riders, a few months ago on the last night of their tour, in Bournemouth.

Andyk

Didn't realise you were a hard rock fan Ewan. Saw Kiss twice .... Once with make up and once without on the lick it up tour.....Stafford Bingley Hall I believe....On the lick it up tour Bon Jovi supported.......

midlifecrisis

I think it was the Happy Monday, A Certain Ratio and New Order gig at the G-MEX, you can't get more Manc than that. The Mondays were brilliant , great sound. Their second album Bummed still sounds fresh and 'live' as it does thrity years ago. A Martin Hannett production masterpiece despite being on various dubious substances..

order-certain-ratio-happy-mondays-mex_360_ee8443badcdad46ce3af475c8a428c00.jpg

midlifecrisis

Friday & Saturday - July '86. Still got my tshirt.
I passed on buying the bright yellow shorts - let's just say they appeared to be slightly tight in the undercarriage department.
Take the socks out...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk