Front discs replacement

phills1

Front discs are down to 30.6mm I believe the min 30mm frorm searching in here can anyone 100% confirm? At what min thickness should they be changed. I am not looking to skim them due to the fact they have been used very heavily on track and runways and other events.

rd993

Can confirm that 30mm is the minimum thickness on the 4.7 front discs. Was told this by Maserati Service centre when I had a 4.7 GT and it was on the Maserati vehicle condition report of the QP GTS I just bought.

BigR

Roughly - appreciating that it is a lot down to driving style - do you typically find the pads and discs last?

phills1

Roughly - appreciating that it is a lot down to driving style - do you typically find the pads and discs last?

I suppose so, pads still have a lot left on them, but will put fresh on with new discs and stick these existing in the garage draw as spares. These discs are the factory original 2013 car built but I have done the Mille Miglia in this car so they have had very heavy use, 2000 mile euro road trip and 1000 mile race, plus the fact this is a fairly heavy car to stop from high speed.

sparkplug155

Front discs are down to 30.6mm I believe the min 30mm frorm searching in here can anyone 100% confirm? At what min thickness should they be changed. I am not looking to skim them due to the fact they have been used very heavily on track and runways and other events.

Also min thickness is often stamped on the edge of the disc. Just had the discs off my 4200 CC and they say Brembo min thickness 30mm

rs48635

I suppose so, pads still have a lot left on them, but will put fresh on with new discs and stick these existing in the garage draw as spares. These discs are the factory original 2013 car built but I have done the Mille Miglia in this car so they have had very heavy use, 2000 mile euro road trip and 1000 mile race, plus the fact this is a fairly heavy car to stop from high speed.

Which disks will you fit? Last time this came up only OEM were available, is this still true?
Think same applied to my 2006 QP Sport GT

phills1

Which disks will you fit? Last time this came up only OEM were available, is this still true?
Think same applied to my 2006 QP Sport GT

Yes, I've managed to save a decent ammount to on the discs FYI best place to buy them is that place in Egham