Outside Temperature indicator

Hexadex

Morning all, while driving out over the weekend had the letter E come up on the outside temp indicator. It made made an appearance several times whilst driving, the car seems fine. Anyone have ideas as to what it means.
Cheers
Hexadex

GeoffCapes

Error. Car needs to be driven more!

Haven't a clue, came up on my 4200 a few times but made no difference to the car.

CatmanV2

Failure of the ambient air temperature sensor. Might be the sensor itself, or might be the connector in the door.

Will stop the HVAC working correctly and on the GT screws the TPMS as well :)

C

spkennyuk

Morning all, while driving out over the weekend had the letter E come up on the outside temp indicator. It made made an appearance several times whilst driving, the car seems fine. Anyone have ideas as to what it means.
Cheers
Hexadex

The E just means there is an error on the air con system. You need the error code to give you a better idea of what it is.

When the E apears press the recirc and eco button together for around 5 seconds. The two green lights should then flash and perform a self test on the air con system. You should then get a code appear in the window where the E is showing for example AA86.

Common fault is the outside air temp sensor as Catman has said. The other common fault it the recirc flaps under the dash get sticky which triggers the fault code.

If your aircon is working fine. Then change the direction of the air flow from screen to middle to floor and back again a few times to see if it clears.

There is also an aircon reset procedure you can try to clear any faults logged.

Catman in reading do you still have a link for the 4200 aircon codes and reset procedure.

I have got them but not to hand at the moment.

CatmanV2

**** you're right, it is any error

The codes are the same as is the reset process but for reference it's on my Flickr account, but I can't get the link due to an issue on the corporate VPN :(

C

Hexadex

The E just means there is an error on the air con system. You need the error code to give you a better idea of what it is.

When the E apears press the recirc and eco button together for around 5 seconds. The two green lights should then flash and perform a self test on the air con system. You should then get a code appear in the window where the E is showing for example AA86.

Common fault is the outside air temp sensor as Catman has said. The other common fault it the recirc flaps under the dash get sticky which triggers the fault code.

If your aircon is working fine. Then change the direction of the air flow from screen to middle to floor and back again a few times to see if it clears.

There is also an aircon reset procedure you can try to clear any faults logged.

Catman in reading do you still have a link for the 4200 aircon codes and reset procedure.

I have got them but not to hand at the moment.
I have just had the compressor changed and the fault has manifested itself since then, but working perfectly

spkennyuk

I found the codes and procedures for reset and diagnostic / self teach procedure. Although the pages attached show 3200 its the same procedure for the 4200.

20170927_041926.jpg

20170927_042023.jpg

20170927_042101.jpg