Sports Maserati brake discs - third group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatmanV2

PS - for the GTS, Formula Dynamics front drop-in replacements are good. Work well with Yellow Stuff pads, as Dem will testify having seen me nearly suffer an over-shoot incident somewhere in France.

Shame you didn't have them installed at Brunty ;)

C

conaero

Forum Owner
Just so you know I have been getting abusive and threatening emails from a certain used parts supplier in Holland. I believe this is the same person who signed up today, said he was waiting for discs and put the boot in.

If he only signed up today, there was no way he could have placed an order. This deal was for forum members only.

The unprovoked emails he sent me now reside with Sussex Police Cyber Crime dept.

Dyer3200

That is pretty **** Matt you don't deserve that hopefully you can trace the IP address

I was fortunate enough to buy a full set of discs set from the second batch via a forum member who no longer needed his allocation and the product was truly magnificent, sadly the GS is no mas - I believe the car is now for sale on here

For the record I sold my allocation to MARKP4200 and feel guilty now the deal has gone tits up - I hope a satisfactory resolution is reached for all members concerned

safrane

As someone who has arranged a small number of forum trips abroad and low volume group buys I can appreciate both the effort and time, not to mention the responsibility of these forum efforts.

Like myself funds for these are not held in our bank accounts but swiftly sent to the supplier or hotels etc in order to secure for all participants a value service or event... often taking a extra gamble of securing said service on our own credit/debit cards.

I appreciate no one want to loose a penny and yes the lack of detail may have been frustrating...but nothing compared to the stress, worry and sleepless nights this one has caused Maff.

Would you expect your procurement staff to pay you back personally for a supply chain delay/fail?

Lets hope that we continue to work as a community in support of our shared passion and that we all benefits from the efforts of those willing to go the extra mile to help us all.

dem maser

No one running this forum would ever knowingly try to deceive or extort from any member and our integrity is paramount to running the best forum in the World.

Please be understanding and bear with us whilst we sort out this little hiccup.

I echo the above words by Phil......

This is one big family and when things go wrong we stick together

Phil H

Folks

I’m not party to this purchase but do feel for all involved.

Last night I was watching a Barrett-Jackson auction which featured various Maseratis. The commentator opined that Maseratis don’t do as well as they might due to dealer parts prices which are levelled at “$100,000 cars” (rather than the value of those presented), and it scares potential buyers. Having recently been quoted stupid prices for OEM brake pads (easily resolved) I know the feeling.

There is clearly a place for Forum support and group buys have been successful thanks to ground-breaking work by MAF, so might it not be a good idea to bring more formal organisation and structure to future purchases, rather than rely on the good nature of one or two poor souls to do the donkey-work and pick up the pieces if it goes wrong?

I know the current situation is still to be resolved but, in modern parlance, that’s a good time for lessons to be learned.

B-J is currently live streaming.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Live/Streaming/Video

PH

conaero

Forum Owner
SM discs in the future will be stocked. We are negotiating at the moment but as everything it takes time.

This is due to clearly group buys (that we make no money on) being too much agro.

As we will be holding stock, the parts will not be at cost but still a massive saving on OEM parts.

What we don’t want is the trade buying them and fitting them at huge profit. People have also made it clear that they are happy to pay a small monthly subscription. This goes against why we started this Forum...it’s free to use and support members. The thinking is we may make this option to pay to be a premium member where you will then be able to purchase our parts and receive other benefits...access to private forums, more storage, priority booking on events and the like.

We are also in R&D stages with front QP and GT upper and lower polybush kits.

The long term goal is to stock improved durability parts at half the OEM cost for 3200 through to GT.

midlifecrisis

SM discs in the future will be stocked. We are negotiating at the moment but as everything it takes time.

This is due to clearly group buys (that we make no money on) being too much agro.

As we will be holding stock, the parts will not be at cost but still a massive saving on OEM parts.

What we don’t want is the trade buying them and fitting them at huge profit. People have also made it clear that they are happy to pay a small monthly subscription. This goes against why we started this Forum...it’s free to use and support members. The thinking is we may make this option to pay to be a premium member where you will then be able to purchase our parts and receive other benefits...access to private forums, more storage, priority booking on events and the like.

The long term goal is to stock improved durability parts at half the OEM cost for 3200 through to GT.

Likewise MAtt, happy to pay a small fee for access to parts and provide storage..when I buy a new house!

I was looking at replacing all of my bushes this winter, so happy to be a guinea pig for the 4200 if required.

G

Guest 1678

Matt - you know my views on the subscription. Would be happy to contribute, even though I no longer have a Maserati.

As Dem said it is a family and some of that family work bloody hard to keep these amazing cars on the road by offering better quality alternatives to the over-priced OEM parts.

Phil H

I'd be happy with that.

PH

Lozzer

For what it's worth, coming from a newbie , I agree with what's been said above about site subscriptions and such like, the thing with group buys are it's usually down to 1 or 2 individual's that try and sort thing's for everyone. It rarely goes tit's up, but it can as we see, saying that this bloke https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/ has made it a viable business from the humble "group buy" scenario. I would love to see something like this happen here as it would benefit all. All the best in this guy's.
Cheers
Loz.

Status
Not open for further replies.