SD3 for sale on eBay

Contigo

Sponsor
You need to make sure it has the Subscription for life otherwise that's another £1200 ish a month!

jluis

You need to make sure it has the Subscription for life otherwise that's another £1200 ish a month!

According to google translate, it requires no additional subscription payment to run, but who knows ...

Contigo

Sponsor
It's worth a punt but also bear in mind that if you get one via the "backdoor" or from an unregistered source when you connect it to a computer with an internet connection it will try to upload all the data from the SD3 back to Modena/HQ and you can imagine where that would lead. I'm sure Voicey can add to this but this is my understanding.

conaero

Forum Owner
There is a system out there called an Autel 908Pro that is about £2k that a mates garage has, he logged on the Strad and could do everything...body computer and function, Service light reset, EPB service, ABS, Airbag and the like.

I am considering buying this at £2k as that SD2/3 has all the computer capability of a 1980's Casio calculator watch!

davy83

The Autel 908 pro does not list compatibility with Maserati? so is that accidental? perhaps worth contacting Autel and ask about Maserati, and i wonder if it would work on older cars like the 3200?

conaero

Forum Owner
The Autel 908 pro does not list compatibility with Maserati? so is that accidental? perhaps worth contacting Autel and ask about Maserati, and i wonder if it would work on older cars like the 3200?

All modern Maseratis were listed on the system I used at my mates garage.

I don't think GS and 4200 were on there but QP was but I guess it will communicate on one of the other models.

It was a cracking bit of kit.

philw696

Be interested to see if Voicey or Craig Waterman has come across it as I know he has others for a comment.
They all come out of China.
It's just software updates that are dealer specific as I know working on cars that have been done independently miss out on.

Eddie

Sponsor
The SD3 doesn't link to the internet unless you are a dealer linked to red or blue online. Most of them bought outside the dealer network came with a limited service life and were unable to perform tasks linked to PC, which renders them useless on the older cars. I paid £25k for mine many years ago, for every option available and it has served me well. I'm about to drop another bum-clenching figure for it's factory replacement. I'd say unless you have knowledge of using it, an SD would be pretty useless, even as a group buy. They offer no guided diagnostic functions and even the English versions have the diagnostic menus in Italian! Leornado offer a single make option at a reasonable price but I have no experience of the autel unit. I suspect, as many sellers proport, they do a limited scan on certain ecu's....

Navcorr

The SD3 doesn’t link to the internet unless you are a dealer linked to red or blue online. Most of them bought outside the dealer network came with a limited service life ...

Hi - not seen one come up for sale for a while but there's been a few SD3s offered without timers. Spoke with a Canadian garage a while ago - they shipped the units to the manufacturer who replaced the motherboard. Can't remember how much they were being sold for though.

Eddie

Sponsor
Hi - not seen one come up for sale for a while but there's been a few SD3s offered without timers. Spoke with a Canadian garage a while ago - they shipped the units to the manufacturer who replaced the motherboard. Can't remember how much they were being sold for though.

Yes there are three companies that are currently able to repair/renew timed out units that I'm aware of. The issue is most of the units that have timers only work in “standalone†mode, which means anything pre-4200 doesn't work. Two of the senior engineers that developed SD3 went on to develop the Leonardo machine.

Navcorr

The issue is most of the units that have timers only work in “standalone” mode, which means anything pre-4200 doesn’t work. Two of the senior engineers that developed SD3 went on to develop the Leonardo machine.
If memory serves it was a group of 4200 owners in California talking on ML about buying one between them - seemed like a good idea on the face of it. Guess it comes down to respective costs compared to alternative options.