Gransport against Porsche 997

Merak Memories

I thought we were discussing this?

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...t-review-2015/

check out the report in Car magazine at the 6 month ownership. Unfortunately the GS gets a bit of a kicking against a 997. Seems a bit unfair really as one is a 2009 reg, the other a 2006, so not like for like, but according to Ben Oliver the 997 is on another level. Still, we are all different and see things others don't and we will keep loving the brand no matter what!!
mm

A review back in 2015 - since then the prices of all 997's and 996's have risen sharply so dont know where the depreciation comes from. But not everyone wants a Porsche and not everyone who does is fortunate to have BOTH a Maser and a Porsche.
Porsche attract their own following (and I wont tell you what slating comments Porsche owners say about Italian V8s) but life is not about slating and slagging off others' tastes. I enjoy both my cars as already stated - but there was only ever one iconic prestige car that adorned my bedroom wall as a kid and then at University - and it wasn't a Maserati as good a car as it is.

Maybe marketing, maybe engineering, maybe ground-breaking turbo technology (brutal as it was with its single turbo and lag?) but each brand seems to have got something right to attract a following. That is for sure.

Very well put Cheshire - I think true petrolhead enlightenment is being able to appreciate something about all marques. We are all different, with our own views, which is of course a good thing.
mm
mm

philw696

iconic prestige car that adorned my bedroom wall as a kid and then at University - and it wasn't a Maserati as good a car as it is.

That wouldn't have been a white Lamborghini Countach 500 then ;)

You could buy a hand full of 911's if you had one of those is your back pocket!

Dave

As much as I Love cars the pictures on my wall as a teenager were of T1TS probably cost Mr more money than the cars in the long run.
Been one **** of a ride though.

alfatwo

As much as I Love cars the pictures on my wall as a teenager were of T1TS probably cost Mr more money than the cars in the long run.
Been one **** of a ride though.

It's been mostly fun though Phil, I always look back with a smile and sometimes hear myself saying, f*ck you!

Dave