Auditorium 200 Subwoofer

shaunturner1764

Please can anyone advise me - I have a 2006 Gransport Spyder and the subwoofer has stopped working completely.I have checked the 30a fuse above the battery and that is fine.All the other speakers work ok.There is no sound at all coming from the subwoofer

Many thanks

conaero

Forum Owner
What subwoofer, are you talking about the front door, rear quarter or rear shelf speakers.

If it’s the front door you can gently lever off the grill and remove the speaker.

If it looks like something out of a 1980’s Bush clock radio, it’s origional. First check for resistance/current across the wires, if you have it then it’s not the wiring or head unit it amp and likely to be the speaker itself.

safrane

Spyder has a sub woofer between the rear seats when the Auditorium option was speced.

The amp that is behind the battery can be bypassed to see if that is the issue. Its an ASK make and prone to blow esp if you have a non standard head unit.

To bypass it you will need to remove the battery and amp then you can access the in-out cables which are joined to the original non option cables by matching male and female connections.