Dipping wing mirrors on reverse?

murph7355

Am I imagining that my GT used to have a dipping left hand wing mirror on selecting reverse?

I was sure it did, but a couple of weeks ago it stopped doing it.

Alternatively my memory's buggered and jumping between cars that do have it has fried my brain :D

AaronE

they do. put it in reverse, adjust either or both mirrors to your liking and save the preset.

spkennyuk

Yes there is but you have to set it for both sides and then save it to the memory function of your seats.

Turn the key to the MAR position. With 1st gear selected make sure the seat and mirrors are set how you want them. If all ok then select reverse gear and adjust the outside mirrors so they tilt downwards and at the angle you want when reversing. Once you have done that then select 1st gear again and then press either 1 or 2 or 3 for 3 seconds depending on which memory slot you want to use. You should hear a beep and then its stored.

Extract from the manual below. If you have CF seats instead of the standard ones then i dont think you have the option.

20171120_005550.jpg

spkennyuk

If it did work and now doesnt. Try the setting procedure above. If it wont store then do a battery reset. Isolate battery for 20 mins and then connect again. Then try the mirror position store procedure again. It will often clear the glitch. If that still doesnt work then the memory module for the seat may have gone faulty.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Reminds me of a post over on MaseratiLife were the question was asked what is the point of the folding door mirrors. I suppose not much point if you live in a country with plenty of space and nice wide parking spaces. I couldn't resist replying that once you reach 100 mph they automatically fold in to reduce drag.
I few hours later got a reply "i've just tested mine, they don't, are they broken?"
:lol2:

spkennyuk

Reminds me of a post over on MaseratiLife were the question was asked what is the point of the folding door mirrors. I suppose not much point if you live in a country with plenty of space and nice wide parking spaces. I couldn't resist replying that once you reach 100 mph they automatically fold in to reduce drag.
I few hours later got a reply "i've just tested mine, they don't, are they broken?"
:lol2:

At least you said fold in and not fall off. :)
Thats just on British Leyland cars.

murph7355

Thanks all. Me being a bit of a tool!

Other half used the car last weekend. Rather than press the memory button to get the seat back where I have it I just used the adjustment buttons.

Pressing my memory setting made the mirror dip as before :)

Thanks again for the reminder.