GTS MC Shift for sale

rockits

Indeed. A decent facelift 4200 @ 15k, or a decent GS at 25k is possible then a 4.7 GT S at 30k. All are possible & present great VFM for what cars they all are compared to anything else in the market. place.

I spent a lot more on my 4200 as I found it was the best out there that I could find but a decent non garage queen with not high miles can be had for 15k for sure. Take Martyn's as an example.

safrane

I have been saying for years that the standard 4200 is a great buy and even more so than a GS, as they are almost twice the price.

Not just the face lift cars but also the 2004 MY cars.

Sadly the issue is (on the majority) poor history or bargain fixes so when you go to look at a 'mint' car they are often not.

I recall my friend Amy buying a nearly new V8 Vantage shortly after I bought my original 4200 back in May 2008. Cost me £23k and her £70k...no way was it 3x the car; slower, lower top speed, and as mentioned rather a tight squeeze...it did sound better I give you that.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It’s incontravertible that Masers are far better value for money than almost any other sports / GT / supercar*. And better looking than most, too. The challenge I had is that Maserati doesn’t make anything I want that’s adequately different from what I had (a GTS MC). Shame, but I remain hopeful that things will change!

*whatever one of them is

D Walker

Tend to agree with Adam, allthough not having had a GT of any variation, I just think it's too big for my needs/wants.
If there was something newer GS sized in the Maser range I would be happy but then if it was new it would be out of reach for s couple of years.

iainw

I think a gransport replacement with 575+ bhp is what everyone is waiting for who likes the brand

Contigo

Sponsor
As people who love the brand and know the cars intimately wouldn't it be good if they (Maserati) consulted us (SM forum people) and asked us what we want out of a car? Surely as a collective we could all agree on the spec, shape and choose the right model which would put Maserati back on the map as one of the leading sports/GT producing marques?

Contigo

Sponsor
Merak Concept. Anyone read the Target Buyer info?

28071305_10156233341193675_7858611762611846666_o.jpg

Andyk

Hint of 458 in that second one! Will believe it when I see it... how long has the Alfieri been postponed?

Not sure Iain but the Alfieri concept will look dated soon if they don't pull their fingers out......

D Walker

I'll put my c**k on the block and say it will never happen. If the Alfa that Conaero had as his pic comes first it won't matter.

CatmanV2

As people who love the brand and know the cars intimately wouldn't it be good if they (Maserati) consulted us (SM forum people) and asked us what we want out of a car? Surely as a collective we could all agree on the spec, shape and choose the right model which would put Maserati back on the map as one of the leading sports/GT producing marques?

BWAHAHAHAHA. We can't even agree the best *tyres* :D

C

Ebenezer

And who amongst would actually buy a new one? - we'd be forever talking about the epic depreciation, etc and waiting a few years for them to become the great value that only we can see, but the market doesn't!
Eb

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
BWAHAHAHAHA. We can't even agree the best *tyres* :D

C

Ones with tread on.

That Merak concept - did it say that the target buyer is in his mid-30s and leading a solitary life? Well that's us fooked, then! We're mostly too old or too married!

My ideal: sub-GTS size (4200/GS or Vantage sized), over 500 bhp, sounds sublime, elegant, good handling but nothing too rough and pointy, equally happy on a pan-continental blast with Mrs Crud as on cross-country thrash or Le Mans with SM. Which is why my next car won't be a Maserati. They don't make what I want.

CatmanV2

Ones with tread on.

That Merak concept - did it say that the target buyer is in his mid-30s and leading a solitary life? Well that's us fooked, then! We're mostly too old or too married!

My ideal: sub-GTS size (4200/GS or Vantage sized), over 500 bhp, sounds sublime, elegant, good handling but nothing too rough and pointy, equally happy on a pan-continental blast with Mrs Crud as on cross-country thrash or Le Mans with SM. Which is why my next car won't be a Maserati. They don't make what I want.

And what you want appears to be an Aston Martin :)

Don't get me wrong, that sounds like my idea as well, but I can't imagine a consensus forming

C

iainw

And who amongst would actually buy a new one? - we'd be forever talking about the epic depreciation, etc and waiting a few years for them to become the great value that only we can see, but the market doesn't!
Eb

Agreed!!!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think for the most part we prefer to let someone else take the first whack of depreciation. :smile: