Le Mans camping

Mattp

Some friends and I are planning a run down to classic le mans in July, I've never been so what's the score with camping? Is it all on circuit? Or is there anywhere else that's cheaper? (It looks like £180 per person for 2 nights, or am I missing something?)
There will be 8-10 of us so is renting a house feasible?

In a side note, im not sure if my 5.5m bell tent will even fit in the QP!

conaero

Forum Owner
Why don’t you use our Gites off circuit. We have 4 varying of 25 mins to the circuit to 40. I prefer it this way as you get to blast through the French countryside which is epic.

The classics is nothing like the 24 in terms of traffic and people so you won’t run in to any traffic.

Pm me for the gite details.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
The camping is all on circuit and varies in quality! Classic should be better than the 24 as it’s quieter but general camping often results in long queues for toilets and showers. We stay with Speed Chills who have a secure compound with on site bar and clean toilets and showers with hot water! It’s a bit more expensive but worth it.

Scaf

I have done the Speed Chills site a couple of times - and would go again

zagatoes30

As above Classic is different, certainly quieter. £180 per person sounds expensive we don't pay that for two people for the full week of the main event. Campsites vary both in location and services but you shouldn't have big queues for toilets or showers at Classic.

Gazcw

Have used ClubValan a few times on the airport. Can't remember costs but not expensive. Here is their blurb:

Camping with Hospitality, Staff on site 24 hours + campsite with showers & toilets for our clients only, marquee on site acting as our clubroom for the weekend,also included, breakfast & evening meals, last meal Monday morning, tea & coffee available all weekend, just help your self. Large marquee, breakfast, dinner and tickets for the weekend.

Panicracing

I use Travel destinations, they do camping and glamping. Last year few years used there flexhotels but this year doing Porsche curves, always top notch on circuit with security, clean showers and toilets along with great marque for food and drink. Not a cheap option but one stop shop. They do both classic and 24hr.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk