A runaround needed!!

Mattp

Looks good value

that pic was a couple of years back, it doesn't look that different now to be honest... mines cheap as it needs a clutch, but they are silly value in general - really lovely cars that still get admiring comments.

Andyk

And so you should, my SZ and Giulietta are both ultra reliable always have been. I used to always run 146, 145, 156 & 147s as cheap everyday bangers. Bought run for a year and sell for the same money, never MOT'd them and only once did I get let down and that was a puncture

Just gesting Andy....I've had some real reliable Alfas and also a few have been a pile of sh1t. Think it depends on model and year as Alfa are never consistent. Alfa has been the only manufacturer that I've owned that has been so different on quality and reliability. No in between....brilliant or sh1t........Others Marques I have owned not experienced that.

Andyk

that pic was a couple of years back, it doesn't look that different now to be honest... mines cheap as it needs a clutch, but they are silly value in general - really lovely cars that still get admiring comments.

Looks lovely a d such a cheap car.

dem maser

Im in convo with Matt about it
Thank guys and if it theres any more cars available let me know.....clutch quote I received is £1200 which is steep for me

safrane

Just get a high miles Kia as they have a 100k warranty (7 years) so repairs should be on them in the main.

Lots of ex hire ones around.

OK not fancy or Italian but reliable.

rockits

I should think a Golf GTD should be a good shout. Must be loads about & decent enough to drive & generally reliable & cheap to run.

My BIL had a 2.0 TDi GTD manual as a company car and did about 120k miles in it from 80k to 200k. He loved it & didn't have many issues. Many are 3 doors but I guess a 5 door would be better for you.

Mattp

Im in convo with Matt about it
Thank guys and if it theres any more cars available let me know.....clutch quote I received is £1200 which is steep for me

That is steep! But i guess most of that is flywheel. You shouldn't need a new dual mass as the original is ok... so you have two choices, stick with the free running single mass, or pop the original dual mass back in...

Just ch3cked the receipt... I had the single mass conversion Feb 2012, GTA clutch kit, £150 so I'd think £4-500 to replace clutch and keep the flywheel

zagatoes30

Pretty much sure there are mods to change the clutch that are less than £1200 but I would need to confirm with my Alfa man in the morning

Andyk

Jesus ... 1200 for a clutch on what is a diesel everyday car. Surely that can't be right. My M5 clutch was £500 and that was a V8 performance car..... What is it with the Italians and parts prices ?

conaero

Forum Owner
Dual mass flywheel has to be replaced as part of the clutchpack which is £900 on its own and yes, it’s absurd.

alfatwo

Yep that's correct, plus two driveshaft oil seals and a couple litres of gearbox oil!

Dave

Gp79

For a cheap run around I would avoid diesels.

Older small petrol is less risk as no turbo, duel mass fly wheel, dpf, egr, expensive fuel pumps, expensive injectors etc etc

Andyk

For a cheap run around I would avoid diesels.

Older small petrol is less risk as no turbo, duel mass fly wheel, dpf, egr, expensive fuel pumps, expensive injectors etc etc

Agree, diesels like miles .... Runaround has to be petrol. It you are only doing a few miles a day it will do the engine no good at all and you could get issues.........Do some research Dem and you will see what I mean.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
A mate of mine wants £1k for a 2007 Alfa 147 1.6 Petrol collezione. It’s done 75k and needs a wing painting due to a scrape but seems to be genuine value. I’ve got pics if you email me Dem.