User error leads to trunk failure....

Devonboy

Need some help in relation to my 2010 QP V Sports GT S

Yesterday i shut a bag handle in the boot. To open the boot I used the key and pressed down

Now the boot soft close won't work and I can't open it any other way than by the key. The central locking on the the other doors is all fine except that it blinks rapidly to indicate somethings wrong - I.e the boot

So why to do? Is it likely to be a fuse issue - if so where is the fuse? Or have I buggered it up!

Devonboy

Tried that - no joy

I have a permenant boot open warning which is a bore - any ideas? Could it be the fuse? I can only open the boot via the key and when closing it the soft close mechanism isn’t working

Devonboy

quick update - now the electronic door releases don't work - starting to suspect the battery...

CatmanV2

Might be the battery. Mostly likely the switch that tells the boot it's closed is busted (IMHO)

C

CatmanV2

Would that explain why the electronic boot release doesn’t work?

Given the way Maserati software seems to work it *might* explain why you can't indicate left....

No seriously. It's a 'educated' guess. Without being able to reverse engineer the software, or interrogate the units directly (and I'm going to stick my neck out that *no one* can do the first of those, unless you work for Maserati in design / engineering) it's what I've got.

The boot says it's open when it's shut > Ergo the sensor that tells the ECU it's shut is not reporting correctly.
Secondly the soft close doesn't work. Not entirely surprising if the software doesn't 'know' where the boot lid is
Thirdly you subjected the boot to conditions 'probably' outside its design parameters.

It feels logical to me, but.....

C

MarkMas

Chief pedant
About a year ago the boot on my QP wouldn't open with the fob, button or handle, and I had to do the 'key and press' thing. After that the problem persisted and I had light saying the boot was open when it was not. I took it to Dick Lovett in Swindon and they re-set something with their diagnostic computer, but I don't know what.

Some other thoughts here (sorry about linking to another forum):
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/qp5-2003-2012/14222-trunk-latch-relay.html

Devonboy

I have reached the end of what I can do - so it’s in the garage Sat morning!

Many thanks for all the comments and I will let u know what happens!

Devonboy

Got to the garage and it needs a new boot mechanism (no plunger on this type of soft close boot apparently) and £183 will see it arrive from Italy shortly....

Devonboy

One new boot latch from Italy - £185, plus fitting and VaT equals £350 but all now works - a costly mistake on my fragile Italian mistress!

stef4u

no way you are taking your car over there to replace that boot lock! Sir.

it's fitting two bolts and a connector....ok, and some trim