Admiral Insurance - I Don't believe it - too good?

safrane

Well AIB came in at £400 but e.sure at £280.

So 6 months of motoring at £140... not bad at all.

MrMickS

Just got my renewal through. Ghibli has more than doubled to over £1200. Time to shop around I think.

MrMickS

One of the reasons for the massive increase was M's accident. Through chatting to them I've managed to shave over £400 off the total bill, could lose another £250 if I take M off the Maser. Will be ringing around a few more places later.

midlifecrisis

Aviva quoting individually for my two cars and the Mrs' Z4 has saved me around £300 but I'm doing it off the phone and I'm not sure if I'm comparing eggs with eggs as the extras are not included...

Billy3200

Rather late to the conversation, but like some others I have had a multi car policy with Admiral for some time. One of the cars was a Punto Sporting, used when not at university by my daughters. Due to inexperience and very bad luck my eldest managed to turn the car on it's roof at 30 miles an hour! (there were many witnesses) No one hurt, no other car involved but car a write off. Admiral where without question excellent in dealing with the whole situation and paying full market value. Okay we are only talking £900 for 90k mile 2003. Their costs also included getting the road closed by the police to allow safe recovery.
The even bigger surprise was that when renewing the insurance with the Punto replaced by a Suzuki Swift Sport (2013) the premium was up only £100. So the whole experience in my case was great - but I always question and negotiate at renewal time - they always come down a bit!

AndyT

Just had my renewal in from Admiral. I was bracing myself and thought it might have gone up a bit but virtually same as last year.

4200 (3000 miles) BMW 325i coupe(5000 miles) Fiat 500.(10,000 miles) all for the princely sum of £568 with protected no claims Thought this was great but phoned them anyway and they knocked £68 off!! Cars are not new by any means but you cant complain at that-£500-Happy days!
Most expensive was the Fiat if that makes any sense

montravia

Funny the number who have both Maserati and a FIAT 500. Mine was about £70 but i only do about 5,000 miles in her.

Andyk

Just got quoted by Admiral on a single car and it was £120 cheaper than the next nearest quote. Very happy.

midlifecrisis

I've just got round to comparing Admiral to Aviva and by the time you add the legal protection, NDB protection Aviva came up more!

But one question I've always wondered is why do you have to buy Legal Protection for more than one car? I'm sure that if you get legal protection it's for YOU not the car...Unless someone can recommend me a policy for this separately.

MrMickS

I've just got round to comparing Admiral to Aviva and by the time you add the legal protection, NDB protection Aviva came up more!

But one question I've always wondered is why do you have to buy Legal Protection for more than one car? I'm sure that if you get legal protection it's for YOU not the car...Unless someone can recommend me a policy for this separately.

The one difference I've noticed in small print between Admiral and Aviva is that with Aviva a single claim in the year with protected NCD will not cause your premiums to increase. This is absolutely not the case with Admiral.

I did find it was a difference. I'm going to call Aviva and see if they can beat the Admiral price for the same cover.

CatmanV2

The one difference I’ve noticed in small print between Admiral and Aviva is that with Aviva a single claim in the year with protected NCD will not cause your premiums to increase.

BWAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHHAH!

Sorry
C

DrNic

I went with Admiral multi car too this time. Staggered start on my partners Alfa (2016). Brand new GTS MC being insured at full purchase value. Quote for both came out considerably less than AIB could do for the GTS on its own! I don't get it!
Anyway hopefully never need to use it.
But I give Admiral a thumbs up too (not my first time of using them either)

Nic

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My insurer Direct Line have just sent me a letter saying that after April 18th any incidents involving Pot Holes that are claimed, will not incur any change to No Claims Discount. Any excess is still payable
Given this area is infested with Pot Holes it is a start

CatmanV2

My insurer Direct Line have just sent me a letter saying that after April 18th any incidents involving Pot Holes that are claimed, will not incur any change to No Claims Discount. Any excess is still payable
Given this area is infested with Pot Holes it is a start

The call will go something like this

DL: Hello Mr Richardson, how can we help?
DR: Hi! I can't help noticing that despite my NCD being un-affected by any claims, my premium has still gone up.
DL: Yes sir, that's correct.....

C

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I've just had my 'automatic renewal' quote from Churchill, offering to increase my premium on the QP by over 20% from £435 to £525. Including multi-car discount, with no claims, accidents or points, but increasing 'estimated' (actually 'capped') annual mileage from 8,000 to 14,000. I phoned them and they offered to reduce it to £515. I told them to suspend the automatic renewal while I go elsewhere. I also got cancellation quotes for my other two cars with them, which they were happy to provide, it seems. It looks like the get so fat on crazy automated renewals, that they really don't care about actual customer retention.

Now I suppose I have to spend hours running round Admiral, AIB, Aviva, A-plan, Adrian Flux and Airect Aine, to get some quotes. Mind you, it had better improve when I do!