The good morning thread

D Walker

Morning All,
Day 15 - managed to upset the scaffolders by 07:30 this morning - seems if I leave work for them to do on nights and they consider its not needed then they don't do it, therefore I decided I no longer need them on nights - bye bye......

Supposed to be my day off and was looking forward to a blast out in the car....

Enjoy your weekend..

Dave

safrane

Temporary structures possibly Peter?

Thats our intention, green oak frame, roof to match the 17c dove cote in both pitch and elavation and reclaimed clay tiles.

It sits in a AONB and in the curtilage as well as being viewed from a Grade 1 historic monument...ao building consent req...one thing in my favour is that when it was a working farm there was a metal lean to in the same place which stored the old farmers camper van of which I have some photos from the good old internet.

MrMickS

Late evening, sorry, I’m sick to death of chasing grown “professional” men around a chemical plant to find out why they are doing nothing, all I will say is, with what I have seen this week, no wonder industries are taking their business overseas. I absolutely despair....
Rant over....

Its the entitlement culture Dave. People believe they are entitled to their job and to take it easy and work only gets in the way.

Morning,

Final polish of the Spider today before heading down to Duxford. Some trepidation with that trip. The last AROC event resulted in a 2 hour wait at the side of the A1(M) after cylinder 2 dropped a valve. It'll be fine this year I'm sure.

Today will be mostly spent around the house doing various bits and pieces. Need to buy a lawnmower to sort that. If there's time we might have a blast in the Ghibli with its nice shiny MOT. Have neglected it lately which caused the climate control to throw a wobbly and try to cook me on Thursday evening. All sorted now.

Have a great day everyone

Morning all, a bit cooler today but still good
Did 100 mile round trip to York yesterday for a birthday bash with my son (went well)
The QP is a wonderful machine. The A19 was in good condition, no caravans, trucks,police and a beautiful day too. I was comfortable and had the power on tap when I needed it. Just great

CatmanV2

Car washed. I need to
a) Stop taking it to Tesco :(
b) Get a DA and learn how to use it
c) Get a water filter.

That is all
C

Zep

Car washed. I need to
a) Stop taking it to Tesco :(
b) Get a DA and learn how to use it
c) Get a water filter.

That is all
C

Do you have a condensing tumble dryer? I have been using the water from this and it's tip top.

Zep

That's a good idea, Zep. I don't, unfortunately. I'm tempted by one of these. £100 is a lot of loot, but if it really does save the effort of towel-drying the car then it starts to make sense. I think.

Looks good. To give you some idea it takes me about 20 litres to adequately rinse my car following a wash so 700 litres will do a fair few washes. Or get a condensing dryer, save loads on your electricity and get it for free

CatmanV2

How do you get water from the tumble dryer (that we don't have) to the hose? Or do you use a watering can?

Adam, I'm thinking exactly the same. I have to wash the car out front, which means often direct sun. It's too big so I race around washing it, and drying it only to find I've missed bits of both when it dries. Would far rather take my time.

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, similar. Although I’m generally good at not missing bits, drying cloths invariably manage to pick up dirt from somewhere. I like the idea of the paint not being dried with a cloth which has mysteriously acquired some grit.

CatmanV2

Yes, similar. Although I’m generally good at not missing bits, drying cloths invariably manage to pick up dirt from somewhere. I like the idea of the paint not being dried with a cloth which has mysteriously acquired some grit.

And £100 is not that bad. My snow gun and pressure washer were more than that!

C

2b1ask1

Special case
Took the GS for a spin dry after washing it this evening, felt so good to get behind the wheel again.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Took the GS for a spin dry after washing it this evening, felt so good to get behind the wheel again.

Yeah, I bet. Your work ethic doesn’t give you anything like enough time to enjoy that car, Newton!

WIll it accompany you to the Ace meet?

philw696

As I'm not on mains water out in the country side here we have a water tank 25,000 litres and its noticeably different to municipal water.
Tastes so much better.
As for washing the motors just perfect.

Andyk

Good morning all.....What a lovely day yesterday...it didn't half go dark around 7:30 and could see some stunning lightening in the distance.