It ain't no Maser, bruv

RSM Masser

Whilst walking the back streets of the West End - between Oxford Street and Park Lane I came across this absolute beauty. Talking to the American owner he had just had it imported and it was due its UK MoT and registration the next day - the rear lights are permanently on and despite searching we could not locate the battery!

Its not black but a very dark green, sounds great as well, but i would loose the silencers if it was mine. A genuinely nice bloke and very proud owner of a fantastic car.
I am not jealous at all.

IMG_1736.jpg
IMG_1737.jpg
IMG_1738.jpg
IMG_1741.jpg

Wanderer

How old? The 116 had a normal one.

C

I saw two damage repairables in Burnley clocks like this.

470b8c7eb64dd3cfb52e9faeea34a7f4.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Collected the not-Maser from the detailer this morning. Stellar job! After lots of machine polishing, they used Ceramic Guard Sicarbon+ on the paintwork and carbon and Gtechniq on the glass.

IMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
They did a good job. I'd love to have the talent of the detailer (or some on here) and have done it myself, but I've have bolloxed it right up and probably thinned out the paint, stripped the lacquer or generally knackered it. Plus I don't have access to the all gear and treatments that the pros have. Trouble is, I now find myself looking for new cleaning gear and getting lost in detailingworld. If the sun had the courtesy to come out I could get and drive the bloody thing instead of wondering how to keep it looking shiny.

My cleanyourcar shopping basket so far contains Gtechniq C5 for the wheels and Supernatural shampoo. My Raceglaze basket contains one of those water purifying thingies. Farewell, water stains!

Andyk

My wife's brother in law is in business with chap who started Gtechniq. He is part of the company. It came from the Middle East and he is making a fortune. They supplied Dubia and the Middle East but it now has just gone from strength to strength across the globe.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
That feels like at least £200k, Andy. And it’s a manual, which I wouldn’t want because the sportshift is better for me and far more usable day to day. Remember the manual is the same Graziano ‘box which was designed as a robotised manual only with the robot removed and a stick fitted instead. Frankenbox. I haven’t spoken to anyone yet who’s much of a fan, other than reading what journos and the purists who paid a premium for one have to say.

Andyk

And the rest probably Adam....With only 14 examples I bet it will be more like 250k maybe. They are selling the last V12 AMR ones used for 250k !!!!!!!!!!!! Silly money.

That's interesting what you say about the manual. Always lead to believe it was the one to have .... But as you says it's the magazines that have said that....a must try both when I'm ready to buy one then.....saying that we will all have space ships as the daily drive by the time I get one.

Andyk

iainw

That is nice Andy. I agree.
I am hoping to have some photos of my new purchase up soon - would appreciate the opinion of the group gurus.
Fingers crossed Phil gets that Centennial... stunning.

GeoffCapes

That is nice Andy. I agree.
I am hoping to have some photos of my new purchase up soon - would appreciate the opinion of the group gurus.
Fingers crossed Phil gets that Centennial... stunning.

Chop chop. It's been a few weeks since you changed your car. By the time you get the next one it will be time to change at this rate!