The good morning thread

MrPea

Greetings!
I'll get a day in the office today. Some awkward discussions need to be had, including pay. Is there anyone here who could help me with what I should do to be effective in a pay dispute?
HapPea Thursday!

MrMickS

Morning,

Last day in the office for the week. Meetings yesterday went well so I've now got interesting stuff to do. Debating whether its a Spider day.

Have a great day all

midlifecrisis

Good morning everyone.
Thursday or as I call it day four of the hostage situation, I expect to be released around 3-4 pm tomorrow....

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, off to drop the trailer back first at Hatfield, up to Letchworth for a couple of sites, back to Redbridge for a few more, quick bit in the office at home then up to St.James’ for a meeting this evening.

Have fun all...

GeoffCapes

Morning all. Office bound today after a day of driving yesterday.
Lots to do and more meetings to organise.
Some exciting things in the pipeline.

And so to a mates house to assist in re fixing ridge tiles hmmmm..........
I believe you can see A&E from up there

Good morning err so far

Yep I know
Post Piper Alpha everything offshore was dominated by H&S for good reason but as always it went to excess
I have heaps of stories

conaero

Forum Owner
Exactly! Let's kick it in the bollock. Good luck with that, Stevie. You're fighting the devil's work.

Andy, feck 'n' shite. Glad it wasn't too horrific, but must have been very upsetting. Best to all.

It's an age thing, mate. Happens to us all, in the end, I'm told. I don't look forward to the day when a simple plumbing issue stops my turbo from kicking in.

Morning, all. A day of work. Yaaawwwwnn! Started the day dropping my car with F1 Wax for a machine polish and ceramic coating, including the wheels. I look forward to easier cleaning. I've also decided to invest in a Raceglaze water filter for even easier cleaning. Should save a lot of time and will defintely help avoid scratches.

Morning, well Adam, it was a plumbing issue...where the numpty (me) who refitted it, forgot to connect one end of the EGR cooler. Basically, the manifold pressure to spin the turbo was being lost. There was also an oil leak to the turbo, new copper washer fitted and thats that sorted. One issue still remains now I have full pressure back, I get a screeching noise as the turbo builds....another leak but hoping that will be the last one.

So, the test drive...no overheating which was my main concern, not build up of gassed in the coolant system so my head work has held. Pulled like a train and drove lovely.

Starts first time hot or cold, just needs a second go when its warmed down a little but we are finally making some head way.

So whats she had?

AndyK:
5 injectors
Injector pump
DPF
EGR Cooler
Glow plugs
Head work (if you can call it that)

Me:
Timing belt and tentioners
Head refurb
Head gasket
Head bolts
Cylinder head set
Waterpump
Thermostat
Aux belt
Stretch belt (****)
Boost solenoid
Oil filter
Air filter
Oil
Coolant
EGR delete
Cold start remap
Earth straps
Manifold nut and stud kit
Temp sensor
Reverse sensor
Re stitch the drivers bolster

Still got to paint the thing. If I make a grand ill be amazed and recon Ive put 200hrs into it so thats me on £5 an hour then!

midlifecrisis

Still got to paint the thing. If I make a grand ill be amazed and recon Ive put 200hrs into it so thats me on £5 an hour then!

Minimum wage is £7.83...you need to sell it for more.

Which gets me thinking, I was watching Wheeler Dealers the other day.. the amount of time they put into some cars surely they should factor in time spent on some cars. Not to mention, tools required...£10 for the SAAB 96 window rust is a p-take...he used a £1000 pounds of tools!

zagatoes30

Minimum wage is £7.83...you need to sell it for more.

Which gets me thinking, I was watching Wheeler Dealers the other day.. the amount of time they put into some cars surely they should factor in time spent on some cars. Not to mention, tools required...£10 for the SAAB 96 window rust is a p-take...he used a £1000 pounds of tools!

Aways been the case, there have been a couple of examples. Porsche/VW 914, where the original seller bought the finished car back which is a real cheap way of getting your car restored.

Andyk

Morning, well Adam, it was a plumbing issue...where the numpty (me) who refitted it, forgot to connect one end of the EGR cooler. Basically, the manifold pressure to spin the turbo was being lost. There was also an oil leak to the turbo, new copper washer fitted and thats that sorted. One issue still remains now I have full pressure back, I get a screeching noise as the turbo builds....another leak but hoping that will be the last one.

So, the test drive...no overheating which was my main concern, not build up of gassed in the coolant system so my head work has held. Pulled like a train and drove lovely.

Starts first time hot or cold, just needs a second go when its warmed down a little but we are finally making some head way.

So whats she had?

AndyK:
5 injectors
Injector pump
DPF
EGR Cooler
Glow plugs
Head work (if you can call it that)

Me:
Timing belt and tentioners
Head refurb
Head gasket
Head bolts
Cylinder head set
Waterpump
Thermostat
Aux belt
Stretch belt (****)
Boost solenoid
Oil filter
Air filter
Oil
Coolant
EGR delete
Cold start remap
Earth straps
Manifold nut and stud kit
Temp sensor
Reverse sensor
Re stitch the drivers bolster

Matt you are a car doctor.....Succeeded were others failed. You said you have never been beaten and that still is the case. Respect to you my friend. Loved the video you sent and she never ever started like that for me.

Good morning all. Friday ..... Hurray.....

2b1ask1

Special case
Morning all, still stuffed from dinner last evening! Jeanette has gone to Plymouth to see her brother who is still hanging in there but is not good at the moment. Office day today raising some invoices.

Have fun all...

MrMickS

Morning,

Thick head this morning. Don't understand it, must have been a bad pint ;)

No work today. Quick clean of the car this morning then heading off to Barnard Castle for lunch before a blast over to Slaley Hall for the weekend. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad and I can get some more video to play with.

I do need to send an invoice in this morning though so better not forget that.

Have a great day all