Service and new boots for the summer

Ryandoc

Well picked her up yesterday after a 2 year service + carbon canister, didn't bother with lambdas. Also had the F1 system flushed and re-filled and re-adaptation done.

Unexpectedly I also needed two new front tyres, around 4mm left but both tyres suffering from the infamous inner wear, it's really quite bad and dangerous. They checked my alignment on fronts FOC and was all within spec. Service guy said basically all the models do it? How is this not a big issue with Maserati ?

She's driving great though and they reported back, also shown on video that she's in great shape.

And a cheeky ask for a freebie resulted in a nice leather key pouch and key ring, €118 worth, mind you they did clear my wallet of a substantial amount.

Here's to some summer driving.

CatmanV2

Because the spec causes the wear. If you want to stop the wear, you change the settings to something with less toe out. I have mine set on neutral.

C

Ryandoc

I understand that but shouldn’t happen from standard.

Seen threads on here before about settings but no one seems to have a definitive set up do they ?

CatmanV2

I understand that but shouldn’t happen from standard.

Seen threads on here before about settings but no one seems to have a definitive set up do they ?

Well it *will* happen if you have toe out. You canna change the laws of physics. As a famous scotsman once said :) They add toe out to make the car turn in faster.

Definitive? No. More than happy to share mine. Take it somewhere sensible and discuss what you want the car to do and they can tell you what settings might be good for you

C

AaronE

hey cat, out of curiosity, did you change camber in addition to toe? I'm at a little more than aggressive camber (car has taken a hit and it can only get close to spec for camber) and near neutral toe (I've run both -0.02 and -0.04)

CatmanV2

Dunno about 'change' or 'aggressive'
My camber was set to 0deg26' and 0deg32' at the front
Rear was 1deg36' and 1deg39' rear

Very little change on the rear but the front was originally 0deg03' and 0deg26'

Make sure the car is weighted.....

Oh toe is 01' and 02'

C

Ryandoc

Catman could you send me your settings please as it’s soemthig I’d like to look into. Will have to do a bit of research on who I can get to do it but it’s annoying that the tyres are knackered woth plenty usable tread still left

CatmanV2

Catman could you send me your settings please as it’s soemthig I’d like to look into. Will have to do a bit of research on who I can get to do it but it’s annoying that the tyres are knackered woth plenty usable tread still left

Tracking.jpg

No sooner said.... :)

I've got pretty much dead even tyre wear.

C