Dateless Number plate

montravia

FWIW Robin, I'm with you 100%
I bought my 2008 4.2 a year ago, as a present to myself.
Mainly to put some fun back in my life, following ten years of deteriorating discs and all the fallout that followed.
I'm not attention seeking, but I have always liked to drive cars that are a little different.
Most weeks, driving around the locality, I get a few waves and the odd question or two at the petrol pumps.
This weekend was the North West 200 road races hereabouts and perhaps because of the general festive atmosphere and/or concentration of petrolheads, the attention the car received was completely out of the ordinary.
I couldn't stop at a petrol station or supermarket without getting into a conversation. Twice with Ghibli owners.
Lots of waves from pedestrians. I even got pulled over by a traffic branch car, whose crew just wanted to talk about Maseratis.
I actually spent most of the weekend at home, avoiding the foreign tourists driving around haphazardly.
At the end of the day, it's a completely stock, ten year old sports car. Clearly though, there is something about the sight and sound of Maseratis or maybe Granturismos in particular, that people enjoy seeing in the flesh. It's not unique by any means. But it is different.

Exactly my sentiments. Almost every time I stop, or glide through a village, the second take, the smile, or kind words. Not a hint of envy

safrane

Yep you dont need spoilers, lurid paint or a overly loud exhaust (the latter is just embarrassing if you are over 12 years old).

You juwt need some effortless class...a Maserati in fact.

MAF260

Yep you dont need spoilers, lurid paint or a overly loud exhaust (the latter is just embarrassing if you are over 12 years old).

You juwt need some effortless class...a Maserati in fact.

I have a Maserati with lurid paint, a rear spoiler and an overly loud exhaust. I'm over 12 years old and not embarrassed in any way. I love the car and so it seems do many others when I'm out driving.

safrane

Yellow is not lurid!

and a GS spoiler is not one you can put plates on or use as a picnic table.

Exhaust is... well load.

montravia

At long last, only because I cocked up a simultaneous transfer , new number on.

Nxxx MAS. Always wave.

I thought that I'd feel a bit of a dick with it on, in any other car i probably would.

It was fine.

DVLA purchase and transfer very smooth and easy.