7.5k QP surely there’s a digit missing?

Maseratiman

I have a left hand drive car and just sold another, so I am used to driving them but still walk to wrong door every time and the resale would be harder if not impossible going by current QP classifieds?

ofenomeno99

I honestly think that we are pretty much the last people holding onto these cars, everyone else seems to have moved on and so has the brand.

It's nice for exclusivity's sake, and I'm sure people admire Maserati's but it seems to be from a distance - It's great being a spectator and saying how nice the 3200/Coupe/GS/Quattroporte/GT are - and how great of a bargain they are - but you'd have to be a die hard fan to commit - whether its here, or in Kuwait or in China and this is reflected in the prices.

I'm pretty sure the person that wrote the pistonheads article wouldn't pay £5,000 for it if he had the chance.

Wack61

I honestly think that we are pretty much the last people holding onto these cars, everyone else seems to have moved on and so has the brand.

It's nice for exclusivity's sake, and I'm sure people admire Maserati's but it seems to be from a distance - It's great being a spectator and saying how nice the 3200/Coupe/GS/Quattroporte/GT are - and how great of a bargain they are - but you'd have to be a die hard fan to commit - whether its here, or in Kuwait or in China and this is reflected in the prices.

I'm pretty sure the person that wrote the pistonheads article wouldn't pay £5,000 for it if he had the chance.

You have to really want one, when it comes to selling privately it's pretty much if you get an offer you'd be mad to refuse it because it could be months before you get another and a trade in bid is scrap money

I watched my 4200 drive away yesterday and I wasn't sorry to see it go.

philw696

So Darren did you enjoy your custodianship of the 4200 ?
Will she stay on the Forum ?
Million $ question would you have another Maserati ?
Asking for a friend.

Maseratiman

Maybe advertised prices are open for lower offers then? Strange position as a buyer you want rock bottom then you become owner who wants price stability!

My ex GS has probably gone up 10k (**** should have kept it) but I know a QP won't appreciate like this which is worrying me a bit. Like a hot potato the problem will become mine on handing over the cash.

This is why I want a rock bottom car as I know it could be worthless after me buying it.

My only hope is to Larini it and DBW plus detailing and odds and sods to make it a saleable car if it doesn't work out and I want to sell.

The same could be said for Mercedes CL600 V12s which I have looked at (my father in law had one, amazing value car). These £100k cars seem unwanted at the end of their lives.

Contigo

Sponsor
You have to really want one, when it comes to selling privately it's pretty much if you get an offer you'd be mad to refuse it because it could be months before you get another and a trade in bid is scrap money

They take an age to sell privately that's for sure. What you going into next?

CatmanV2

Awww! Where did it go?

C

Wack61

Trader in Preston, he says he wants it for himself but I'm not sure it'll be for sale when he's sorted the problems out

On the upside , Lifetime technical support has ended :D

They take an age to sell privately that's for sure. What you going into next?

Possible a new mustang if I can make the numbers (keep Mrs Wack happy / lie) work

CatmanV2

Trader in Preston, he says he wants it for himself but I'm not sure it'll be for sale when he's sorted the problems out

On the upside , Lifetime technical support has ended :D

Possible a new mustang if I can make the numbers (keep Mrs Wack happy / lie) work

Oh well. Such is life :)
C

Wack61

So Darren did you enjoy your custodianship of the 4200 ?
Will she stay on the Forum ?
Million $ question would you have another Maserati ?
Asking for a friend.

Did I enjoy my custodianship, hmm, I loved looking at it but driving, not really, sounded fantastic but not as exciting to drive as I was expecting, plus it only worked for a while before things started playing up after the respray, final straw was the leaking rad

I've lost more money on a car in 2 years though ( Peugeot 406 Exceutive) but it was a new experience for me , is that a £50 noise or a £3000 noise

I doubt the guy will show up here unless he's looking for advice (probably then)
would I have another
If I had the money for a new one possibly, but the potential for a ruinous bill is far too great on a 15 year old car, it was an(expensive) itch scratched but no, I'll never have another used one

My plan if it works out is sell the MX5 put as big a deposit as they'll take on PCP and sign myself up for a MY17 5.0 mustang on 0% finance , house is paid for, I don't owe anybody any money and you're a long time dead

I do have a new problem though, choosing a colour ,but I do know it won't be ******* silver

I'm interested in the subaru legacy , silver
I'm interested in the subaru Impreza , silver
I'm interested in the maserati , silver
I'm interested in the ranger rover , silver
This is assuming I get accepted for the finance, it's 45% of what I paid for this house in 1996 and I've never had car finance

outrun

I had a look at the Mustang recently because of the 0% offer. They only had Shadow spec ones in metallic paint that boosted the price up to £500 a month with a 4k deposit. That's still a lot of dough for a nice car that has typical Ford interior plastics and such like. Makes the Guilia plastics seem like they were by Gucci. It's also on the 2017 model year only and they are fast running out because of the offer. I do like them though!

Wack61

They'd like you to think they're fast running out but there seem to be plenty about, either in stock or in storage in Belgium