Owning cars and never driving them...

zagatoes30

How does owning and driving cars switch to a discussion on beer - only in the SM world

I grew up near the Greenalls brewery and their beer was shite but no idea how much of the stuff I drank before I realised

Navcorr

The North & South are well represented but the Midlands needn't escape. Inn Coope & Allslopps deserve a dishonourable mention. In the interest of drawing a line of distaste under this particular drift - McMullens sewage treatment works was my nearest. I can't imagine anything could be worse.

Zep

John Smiths is ******* shite. And so's Boddingtons, incidentally.

Cars should be used, but I can easily understand simply not having the opportunity if you're mostly abroad, for example, or suddenly become Mayor of London. I'm hoping that I don't suddenly become Mayor of London, because I like driving my car and it's nice to say ******** from time to time without worrying about ending up in the newspaper.

Let's face it, anyone who has been on or to a SM trip or party should be barred from office due to the steady stream of scandals that would turn up in the press.

Back to the topic of the thread, my local brewery is the Phipps NBC and the IPA is very good.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Let’s face it, anyone who has been on or to a SM trip or party should be barred from office due to the steady stream of scandals that would turn up in the press.

Yes, very true. As an example, this is you riding a bike in France in 2016, Zep. Luckily you were thrown clear as you parked it.

IMG_1481.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Mayor of SM. You get my vote, Zep!

You’ll need some mayoral robes and goldie lookin’ chains.

CatmanV2

Saffron Brewery here. Bloody good. Not much wrong with some Greene King, or, frankly Shepheard Neame. Perfectly acceptable.

Adnams not far. McMullen even closer :)

Happy days

Given the amount of over priced continental fizz that seems to vanish whenever the SM lot gather at Zep's or ours, I think many of you are not qualified to discuss 'beer' :D

C

Zep

Given the amount of over priced continental fizz that seems to vanish whenever the SM lot gather at Zep's or ours, I think many of you are not qualified to discuss 'beer' :D

My usual trick at yours is to make a couple of bottles of Disarrono "disappear" along with Disaronno Miles ;)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Mmm doesn't Green King do "Abbot Ale"?
My wife wont let me drink that stuff as it stops "me old man" working:clap:

That’s the one, but my experience is that all critical systems remain operative even after vigorous consumption. Try mixing it with St Edmund.

Scaf

I bought my 2010 GTS in 2016 with 10,000 it’s now got 22,000 - it’s still only a toy as I have two other cars but I bought it to drive and enjoy and that’s exactly what I am doing !

Went on a Camerons brewery trip and the bar inside the brewery served excellent ale. We then went to the pub literally 100 yards over the road and the Camerons in there was abominable. Clearly does not travel well

D Walker

And fizzy DiSaronno is just 'odd' :D

C

Can’t work out why anyone would want to drink liquid Marzipan....
Now Beer, that’s a different subject, always struggle @ LeMans as its all that fizzy pop stuff, think they call it Lager....

CatmanV2

Can’t work out why anyone would want to drink liquid Marzipan....
Now Beer, that’s a different subject, always struggle @ LeMans as its all that fizzy pop stuff, think they call it Lager....

Nowt wrong with liquid marzipan. I like it mixed with vodka :)

C