Alfa 6c, based on Alfieri!

safrane

So a re badged Alfa or re badged Maserati??? Either way most will just say its an Alfa in a posh frock...still the DB7 looked OK and saved Aston.

I just hope (as I have said before) that Maserati does not become just a product badge. They did it once with the Christler tie up and that was just madness. So many makes have gone this sad way...maybe in 30 years some rich billionaire will revive the brand from its slumber...or not.

conaero

Forum Owner
Still think this is THE shape but there is no way in a month of Sundays Ferrari would allow one of their engine derivatives to get anywhere near it...

Untitled-1.jpg

We live in hope but in the meantime it makes rather a nice desktop background :)

...and with that drop nose, the engine would have to be in the back a la 4C

philw696

That's why you need to keep a 4200/GS as at least we know what the mechanicals are.
I just can't get excited about electric motors and if they go that way the new breed of owners won't be like us lot in my opinion.

alfatwo

Just heard on the Midland News this evening, JLR are cutting production and moving line staff to other jobs, no redundancies yet though

Its not the Land Rover side, Its the Jag side, seems Jags are not selling.. they blame it on lack of diesel sales and Brexit!

Dave

safrane

Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame on the moonlight, don't blame it on the good times.... blame it on the Brexit!

alfatwo

Still think this is THE shape but there is no way in a month of Sundays Ferrari would allow one of their engine derivatives to get anywhere near it...

View attachment 47040

We live in hope but in the meantime it makes rather a nice desktop background :)

...and with that drop nose, the engine would have to be in the back a la 4C

I recon you could get a modern small V6 dry sump twin turbo in the front there and what with a bit of battery back up well over 600hp!

Dave

Andyk

Just heard on the Midland News this evening, JLR are cutting production and moving line staff to other jobs, no redundancies yet though

Its not the Land Rover side, Its the Jag side, seems Jags are not selling.. they blame it on lack of diesel sales and Brexit!

Dave

Think you'll find lots of manufacturers diesel sales are suffering....Lots of discount of new diesels these days....Dealer finance contributions on certain models have risen. Not Brecht but customers worried about what our government will do on taxing this dirty fuel...especially company car drivers.

iainw

Yawn.

I now can't get excited or even interested in any Maserati related news. Which is a crying shame given how much I (and lots of you) love the brand and it's history. Same old story, the need a marketing rocket up their corporate behinds before they force us all to leave. My car is a 2011 model and there is literally nowhere to go with Maserati and doesn't look there will be for a couple of years at least. And then I'd want someone else to swallow the first year of depreciation.

I see a Ferrari on my horizon.

Was that a penny I heard falling....

bigbob

Was that a penny I heard falling....

I think the same can be said for many of us, Iain. Whilst the GT/GC have evolved well over the years there is not enough differentiation to get people to upgrade - I for one looked at swapping my 2011 GTS for a new one when the last revisions came out but the cost to change was too much for little material benefit. Thus as the supply of used cars coming onto the market dries up and, anyway, begins to look very uniform, people will inevitably change brands.

iainw

I think the same can be said for many of us, Iain. Whilst the GT/GC have evolved well over the years there is not enough differentiation to get people to upgrade - I for one looked at swapping my 2011 GTS for a new one when the last revisions came out but the cost to change was too much for little material benefit. Thus as the supply of used cars coming onto the market dries up and, anyway, begins to look very uniform, people will inevitably change brands.

I agree Bob. To be honest I have had time to think about things due to an enforced period 'sans car'.
I still remain a little undecided - the most sensible option I am loathe to do as it would mean returning to a previous mistress for many reasons, the biggest risk would be a 570s and the one I probably should get is the 458.

MrMickS

I agree Bob. To be honest I have had time to think about things due to an enforced period 'sans car'.
I still remain a little undecided - the most sensible option I am loathe to do as it would mean returning to a previous mistress for many reasons, the biggest risk would be a 570s and the one I probably should get is the 458.

I'm still not looking to change until next year at the earliest, and more probably the year after. That gives me time to wait and see what Maserati do in the meantime. If nothing exciting comes along I'll probably start looking at the falling penny and cars from Marenello rather than Modena. I'd really like not to do that and have a nice new Alfieri though.

bigbob

I would expect the 458 to be viewed much more strongly than the 488 in time to come but I doubt you would own it long enough to get to that point! Trouble with Ferraris' is the impact of use on value. Hence the reason many people have a 458 and RRS or the like.

bigbob

I'm still not looking to change until next year at the earliest, and more probably the year after. That gives me time to wait and see what Maserati do in the meantime. If nothing exciting comes along I'll probably start looking at the falling penny and cars from Marenello rather than Modena. I'd really like not to do that and have a nice new Alfieri though.

Nothing to see for UK deliveries by 2020...and surely your mileage is too much to risk a Ferrari, residual wise?

MrMickS

Nothing to see for UK deliveries by 2020...and surely your mileage is too much to risk a Ferrari, residual wise?

If there is enough by 2020 that I have to keep hold of the Ghibli for another year I'd be happy with that. As to mileage on a Ferrari it would be tricky and I'd be looking for one that has been driven rather than those that have been ogled. Once they are out of that "I can't drive it because it loses too much" band the drop isn't as steep so might be possible. Something to look at should it be necessary.

iainw

If there is enough by 2020 that I have to keep hold of the Ghibli for another year I'd be happy with that. As to mileage on a Ferrari it would be tricky and I'd be looking for one that has been driven rather than those that have been ogled. Once they are out of that "I can't drive it because it loses too much" band the drop isn't as steep so might be possible. Something to look at should it be necessary.

There are lots of 35,000+ Californias on the market - and they don't seem to drop in price that much.
458s however - if you get over 20-25,000 they seem hard to sell. Ridiculous really.
Bob - I think if I went for a 458 I would want to keep it and do circa 4k miles /year.
I am tempted to go back to a Cali though. So practical and fantastic to drive. I need to find a way to make it sound better without affecting the warranty though.

bigbob

All interesting stuff. Buy a 458 for weekend miles as a a keeper and you can't go wrong. As for the fancy DD then you need to buy back your GTS?

As for new smaller coupe from Maserati or Alfa by 2020, perhaps but so often cars are now released six months before LHD sale and then the same again for RHD.

FIFTY

Dave

I think the new VED system with the massive tax spike on cars over £40k and such will have stunted sales also

London councils are already putting a £2/hr levy on parking a diesel in London so that is actually a genuine concern now if you are using your diesel company car to work there.

To the OP... as various others have said I would rather go for the more hard core Alfa than a hybridised soft stunted Maserati on the same chassis...

I think the mistake is obvious with a simple solution: the Alfa should have the V6 QV engine and the Maserati must have a V8 engine within the offer... There is no reason not to do it other than FCA being total wasters! Lexus/Toyota are still sticking their ancient V8 into their cars, by 2020 Maserati could have a nice clean compact V8 turbo charged from their existing arsenal packaged in their new halo car...

conaero

Forum Owner
We’re on it, sorry you have to return to work processes today we will try and do better tomorrow.