Who has Red AC No 8 now?

allandwf

I came across some pictures of the car when I looked at it when buying back in 2012, when it was up in Edinburgh. I can forward them if you like.

Evo Cymru

Hi Allan,

That would be me! I'd be interested in any old photos you may have though with us off to Aus it will be up for sale soon anyway but still nice to see how it has aged...

Olly

allandwf

AC.jpg

A lovely looking car, which I almost bought. I'm sure you will have no problems selling.

Navcorr

Or ship it over and sell it there. There's been a recent thread discussing relative costs. Not sure if you'd have to keep it for a while before selling though. Maybe worth enquiries.

Evo Cymru

Or ship it over and sell it there. There's been a recent thread discussing relative costs. Not sure if you'd have to keep it for a while before selling though. Maybe worth enquiries.

I may look it this if it does not sell here (we are not leaving till Dec) Not sure if it makes a lot of difference money wise - are prices that much greater in Aus??

Navcorr

I may look it this if it does not sell here (we are not leaving till Dec) Not sure if it makes a lot of difference money wise - are prices that much greater in Aus??

Morning squire - this is the thread:

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/24164-Exporting-cars-to-Australia-advice

Although pertinent to other marques it raised the point of how punitive the Aus. regulations appear to be when importing. Exporting when emigrating on the other hand....

As others have alluded to on many other occasions JKulin is the man to talk to and he would be better placed to offer advice. His post #11 in the above thread is very helpful.

As for prices in Aus. it appears relative scarcity and costs of importing keep prices high. High enough to warrant the hassle & potential risk of shipping I don't know. Perhaps put out a few "feelers" and see what sort of interest there might be. There are a number of contributors here from down under - maybe worth getting in touch for their opinion.

Beautiful AC by the way. Not a bad colour for a Welshman I suppose :)

Mott The Hoople

It's worth at least twice as much in Australia, especially if you're going to Sydney. A personal import of one car that you've owned for at least a year avoids the usual heavy import duty.
Steve.

Evo Cymru

Morning squire - this is the thread:

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/24164-Exporting-cars-to-Australia-advice

Although pertinent to other marques it raised the point of how punitive the Aus. regulations appear to be when importing. Exporting when emigrating on the other hand....

As others have alluded to on many other occasions JKulin is the man to talk to and he would be better placed to offer advice. His post #11 in the above thread is very helpful.

As for prices in Aus. it appears relative scarcity and costs of importing keep prices high. High enough to warrant the hassle & potential risk of shipping I don't know. Perhaps put out a few "feelers" and see what sort of interest there might be. There are a number of contributors here from down under - maybe worth getting in touch for their opinion.

Beautiful AC by the way. Not a bad colour for a Welshman I suppose :)

Thanks for the link - may follow that up depending on the response I get when I try and sell here I think - could do with the money before we go!

Indeed no better colour for me too (although I do like the black version as well - very cool!)

tappets

I think you will sell easier over there given recent feedback however.............you will need to obviously consider the exchange rate, import costs, taxes etc! 3200's especially AC's I feel are not appreciated anywhere near as much down here as they were not imported in full volume down here thus not a well known/appreciated car........sadly! From memory the "Redbook" value for an AC down here is a poultry 35K AUD which is a joke considering how rare these things are. What are they selling for in UK?

Thanks for the link - may follow that up depending on the response I get when I try and sell here I think - could do with the money before we go!

Indeed no better colour for me too (although I do like the black version as well - very cool!)